Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    If your not interested in proving anything, than what is the point of debate?
    I enjoy pointing out that Republicans are big government loving hypocrites.

I will go vote for McCain, out of fear of the alternative if nothing else, and out of belief that dropping out of the system does nothing to change it.
    Voting for the same old commies every two or four years doesn't change anything either. At least not for the better, depending on your definition of better. At best, you all get to trot out the tried and true "omg democrats worse" line yet again while your guy spends like a drunken sailor and maybe gives you a token tax cut.

And finally, we know that most Republicans are politicians first, Republicans second. They say what they think will keep them in office, not what will actually fix the system. They also know the paintbrush that they will be painted with if they were to suggest that horrible evil of ...gasp....responsibility to the entitlement society.
    I'm not talking about politicians. I'm talking about the voters.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    Oh come on. Pick a thread. W's prescription drug plan, Thompson's plan for federal matching funds for retirement, pretty much anything having to do with gun control or immigration proposed by a Republican, Reagan's entire presidency, John McCain. Sure you get a few people here and there who will agree that such and such a proposal from some Republican is crap, but generally the best you get is an "omg democrats worse."

If the Republican's nationalized the oil companies, they could tie it in with taxes. You get a little slice of the profits taken directly out of your tax bill. CU would eat that up.

I vote for the person I feel is best qualified to represent me.

Now go vote for a commie and make yourself feel better.
    OK, W's prescription plan. Your knowledge of this plan would not even fill a thimble. Seniors pay around $30 a month. So it's not a give away program. I guess the media has infiltrated your brain about this awful program. Facts are that seniors pay that monthly fee that comes out of their S.S. check and are charged $4 on generic drugs. My dad takes fluid pills, blood pressure, nitro pills & patches and a salve for an ulcer that cost 4 bucks each per RX. Seniors do not go to Canada and Mexico to get their drugs anymore because the government forced the drugs companies to quit subsidizing foreign countries by selling drugs cheaper to them than here in the US.

If your argument is that it is still costing the government a great deal of money. I say tough shit because employees paid for it. If the politicians had invested the money that was supposed to go into the S.S. Trust Fund for the last 40 odd years instead of spending it, the fund would be solvent and there would be a shit pot full of funds to pay for this benefit.

Nationalization of the refineries (not of the oil industry) is the topic at hand. What good would that do. The largest refiner in the country, Valero, is trying to sell 3 of their 17 refineries. Their profit margin is very slim. BTW, they buy oil at market prices. I don't understand how the government could buy it any cheaper. If the object of the government taking over the refineries is to make gasoline cheaper, it will not work. First of all, the government would have to pay the refineries compensation for equipment if the refineries decided they did not want to play the government's little game. You probably do not know that Exxon is in litigation with Chavez over this same deal and this dumb shit will wind up paying billions. Secondly, what governmental agency has ever had a better track record of running a private enterprise. Bureaucratic f. ups will be the norm and gas will shoot up to 10 bucks a gallon in a short time. The sad part is that they will keep throwing money at it just like this idiotic Ethanol craze.

I will be waiting for your words of wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    OK, W's prescription plan. Your knowledge of this plan would not even fill a thimble. Seniors pay around $30 a month. So it's not a give away program. I guess the media has infiltrated your brain about this awful program. Facts are that seniors pay that monthly fee that comes out of their S.S. check and are charged $4 on generic drugs. My dad takes fluid pills, blood pressure, nitro pills & patches and a salve for an ulcer that cost 4 bucks each per RX. Seniors do not go to Canada and Mexico to get their drugs anymore because the government forced the drugs companies to quit subsidizing foreign countries by selling drugs cheaper to them than here in the US.

If your argument is that it is still costing the government a great deal of money. I say tough shit because employees paid for it. If the politicians had invested the money that was supposed to go into the S.S. Trust Fund for the last 40 odd years instead of spending it, the fund would be solvent and there would be a shit pot full of funds to pay for this benefit.
    Maybe your father and the rest of his generation should come up with a better retirement plan than "oh the government will take care of me."

Nationalization of the refineries (not of the oil industry) is the topic at hand. What good would that do. The largest refiner in the country, Valero, is trying to sell 3 of their 17 refineries. Their profit margin is very slim. BTW, they buy oil at market prices. I don't understand how the government could buy it any cheaper. If the object of the government taking over the refineries is to make gasoline cheaper, it will not work. First of all, the government would have to pay the refineries compensation for equipment if the refineries decided they did not want to play the government's little game. You probably do not know that Exxon is in litigation with Chavez over this same deal and this dumb shit will wind up paying billions. Secondly, what governmental agency has ever had a better track record of running a private enterprise. Bureaucratic f. ups will be the norm and gas will shoot up to 10 bucks a gallon in a short time. The sad part is that they will keep throwing money at it just like this idiotic Ethanol craze.
    I'm not arguing for the nationalization of anything. I'm just saying they could make most voters love the idea.

Banned
    Maybe your father and the rest of his generation should come up with a better retirement plan than "oh the government will take care of me."

I'm not arguing for the nationalization of anything. I'm just saying they could make most voters love the idea.
    My father and his generation paid for the benefits they are getting. They earned those benefits. I guess you are unable to re-butt your challenge of W's drug plan. Maybe you should do some research before you shoot your mouth off at something you do not know beans about.

I say you are wrong about voters loving the idea of nationalizing of the refineries. When the CA legislature tried to pass a tax on the refineries and prohibited the refineries from passing that tax on to the public, the voters soundly defeated that proposition in a predominately Democratic state. Once again, you are ignorant of voters issues and therefore too stupid to vote.

My father and his generation paid for the benefits they are getting. They earned those benefits. I guess you are unable to re-butt your challenge of W's drug plan. Maybe you should do some research before you shoot your mouth off at something you do not know beans about.
    Your father and his generation paid into a ponzi scheme and were dumb enough to believe the government. Maybe he should enter the Nigerian lottery and save me a few bucks.

I say you are wrong about voters loving the idea of nationalizing of the refineries. When the CA legislature tried to pass a tax on the refineries and prohibited the refineries from passing that tax on to the public, the voters soundly defeated that proposition in a predominately Democratic state.
    Taxes do not equal nationalization. Either way, it's all in how they try to sell it.

Once again, you are ignorant of voters issues and therefore too stupid to vote.
    Voter's issues. lol. As if that goes any further than R or D.

Banned
    Your father and his generation paid into a ponzi scheme and were dumb enough to believe the government. Maybe he should enter the Nigerian lottery and save me a few bucks.

Taxes do not equal nationalization. Either way, it's all in how they try to sell it.

Voter's issues. lol. As if that goes any further than R or D.
    So it's the seniors fault that the government spent all the money that was supposed to go into the Social Security Trust Fund. That crystal ball of yours should tell you the numbers of the next lottery. You are a legend in your own mind. The ponzi scheme is outright thievery by government employees that should have known better. Either way, that's tough shit that you have to pay; knowing that you are paying in part my dad, my brother and my S.S. benefits gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Nationalization will be a no sell. Only an idiot tries to polish a turd. If politicians want to try nationalization of refineries, let them go for it. My oil stocks will do just fine and when these DC critters f. it up so bad maybe the voters will kick them out. A new crop would be great.

So it's the seniors fault that the government spent all the money that was supposed to go into the Social Security Trust Fund. That crystal ball of yours should tell you the numbers of the next lottery. You are a legend in your own mind. The ponzi scheme is outright thievery by government employees that should have known better. Either way, that's tough shit that you have to pay; knowing that you are paying in part my dad, my brother and my S.S. benefits gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.
    It's their fault for relying on the government.

Nationalization will be a no sell. Only an idiot tries to polish a turd. If politicians want to try nationalization of refineries, let them go for it. My oil stocks will do just fine and when these DC critters f. it up so bad maybe the voters will kick them out. A new crop would be great.
    Right. You'd still vote for them.

Banned
    It's their fault for relying on the government.

Right. You'd still vote for them.
    Once again, you show your stuipidity by blaming seniors who were promised benefits by the federal government for spending, raping, pillaging, robbing the Social Security Trust Fund. Now, you will have to pay higher taxes. Boo Hoo. Maybe if more non voters would go to the polls instead of bitching about this or that, we could have responsible government. It's people llike you that are at fault.

If only we had people like you 40 plus years ago to enlighten us by looking into their crystal ball that the diversion of our funds from S.S. into the general fund and spent was going to cause this shortfall. So, you will have to just suck it up.

Once again, you show your stuipidity by blaming seniors who were promised benefits by the federal government for spending, raping, pillaging, robbing the Social Security Trust Fund. Now, you will have to pay higher taxes. Boo Hoo.
    I blame them for relying solely on the government for their retirement. I blame them for voting for it. I blame them for continuing to vote for it.

Maybe if more non voters would go to the polls instead of bitching about this or that, we could have responsible government. It's people llike you that are at fault.
    Says a guy voting for this kind of crap along with 100 million of his fellow travellers.

If only we had people like you 40 plus years ago to enlighten us by looking into their crystal ball that the diversion of our funds from S.S. into the general fund and spent was going to cause this shortfall. So, you will have to just suck it up.
    There were people like me 40 plus years ago saying this would happen. Your father and his friends out voted them because they wanted the government to take care of them.

Banned
    I blame them for relying solely on the government for their retirement. I blame them for voting for it. I blame them for continuing to vote for it.

Says a guy voting for this kind of crap along with 100 million of his fellow travellers.

There were people like me 40 plus years ago saying this would happen. Your father and his friends out voted them because they wanted the government to take care of them.
    Social Security pays very little of my total retirement income. My dad and my investments far outpace what we get in S.S. benefits. When did we ever get the opportunity to vote for or against Social Security. You pulled that one out of your yang yang.

You don't vote so I blame you and the millions of your fellow travellers who are either too stupid, lazy or apathetic to vote.

You were voting 40 plus years ago. Sounds like bullshit to me. Like I said, my dad never voted for or against Social Security. BTW, my dad went thru the depression so he never depended on anyone including the government to take care of him. Another one of your idiotic statements.