Thread: House Democrats call for nationalization of refineries

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    But it was FDR that started the SS fraud. It's the fault of the lib dems if you want to go that route.
    True, but like in most countries, every time liberalism starts a new government program, conservatives tend to oppose it until it is realized, then they conveniently forget they were against it and promote their support of it. Every day, in every country with few exceptions this tends to happen.

But it was FDR that started the SS fraud. It's the fault of the lib dems if you want to go that route.
    Yeah, 73 years and the Republicans never had a chance to get rid of it. Everything is always the lib dems' fault.

Remember when W tried to allow us to do our own investing for SS? And the dems defeated any attempt of changing from the way things are.
    Do I ever. Totally Republican. That's one way to drive up stock prices. I loled just as much at Thompson's matched retirement funds.

Wait, that isn't the CHANGE Obama is talking about, is it?
    Nah, that's just a one letter shift from R to D.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    True, but like in most countries, every time liberalism starts a new government program, conservatives tend to oppose it until it is realized, then they conveniently forget they were against it and promote their support of it. Every day, in every country with few exceptions this tends to happen.
    They're just living up to their name. Conserving government power. The law is the law and once we have a law we can't get rid of it. That would be anarchy.

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    They're just living up to their name. Conserving government power. The law is the law and once we have a law we can't get rid of it. That would be anarchy.
    There have been people who actually reverse it though, they are rare and far between, and even harder to get into office, but they generally have huge impacts when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    There have been people who actually reverse it though, they are rare and far between, and even harder to get into office, but they generally have huge impacts when they do.
    Exceptions so rare that it's hardly fair to call them conservatives.

Banned
    Exceptions so rare that it's hardly fair to call them conservatives.
    I think Newt is the only Repub. conservative of national prominence that has a clue of how to turn the federal government around on its heels. It's a shame he did not run. I am hoping McCain has enough sense to pick him as VP.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I think Newt is the only Repub. conservative of national prominence that has a clue of how to turn the federal government around on its heels. It's a shame he did not run. I am hoping McCain has enough sense to pick him as VP.
    Glad to hear someone else is hoping for Newt. If not VP, I certainly hope they have the sense to use him as a strategist in the election and give him a place in the administration. He's brilliant.

BTW, Feebmaster, try to get rid of any entitlement program after it's been established. That's a cheap shot against the Republicans. SS is an untouchable program. Sadly, no politician so far has had the guts or capability to successfully make the necessary changes.

You would. Gingrich isn't one of those rare exceptions.

BTW, Feebmaster, try to get rid of any entitlement program after it's been established. That's a cheap shot against the Republicans. SS is an untouchable program. Sadly, no politician so far has had the guts or capability to successfully make the necessary changes.
    Cheap shot? Hardly. Your boys can't even keep from expanding entitlement programs. I certainly don't expect them to get rid of any.

Did W sign that 4th Plank law yet?

Banned
    You would. Gingrich isn't one of those rare exceptions.
    If Gingrich is not, who is? He is for smaller government and less taxes and has a track record to prove it. So, who is the rare exception in your opinion that has national prominence?

If Gingrich is not, who is? He is for smaller government and less taxes and has a track record to prove it. So, who is the rare exception in your opinion that has national prominence?
    I don't know. I can't think of any.

I was just being polite when Goldwater brought it up.

Banned
    I don't know. I can't think of any.

I was just being polite when Goldwater brought it up.
    More like, many of your stupid comments. Do you have a clue what the Contract with America was about?