1. #1 Church Sued For Not Hosting LGBT Event 
    Power CUer
    A Catholic church outsourced its events planning to a private company. This private company turned down a request for an LGBT event on church grounds, which it was contractually obligated to do. The LGBTers went into their usual hysterics and bullying, went to the media, pissed and moaned, and badly hurt the business of the private company. So this private company is suing....the church. Wrong target in my opinion. My guess is that the LGBTers deliberately set out to cause this ruckus by insisting the private company assign their event to a church center. Whether the church wins or loses this one, they could be bankrupted by the huge legal fees.

Church Sued For Not Hosting LGBT Event
    http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/art...UwHWO0FxihV.99

The Ambridge Event Center of Portland Oregon, a company contracted to manage an event center owned by Holy Rosary Church, is now suing the church for lost income, improvements made to the facility and attorney's fees (a total of $2.3 million). The lawsuit filed in May of 2018 stems from a 2015 dispute in which Ambridge found itself compelled to turn away an LGBT group that wanted to host an event...

...In 2015, Ambridge was approached by the PFLAG Black Chapter, an African-American LGBT group that wished to hold a conference at the event center owned by Holy Rosary Church. Ambridge, a private for-profit company was contractually obligated to decline clients that conflicted with the moral stance of the church, turned down PFLAG's request.

As a result, Ambridge became the target of a widespread media campaign accusing it of discrimination and it lost many of its long-time clients as well as new business. Ambridge claims in its lawsuit that after it hired an openly gay events coordinator--in an attempt to demonstrate that it was friendly to the LGBT community--Holy Rosary Church terminated the contract and ended their business relationship in retaliation.

In this case PFLAG chose not to file a lawsuit against the church for discrimination because they believed that the church was protected under state law and could not be compelled to rent their space to those who were not in keeping with their moral code.

Logically, the suit brought by Ambridge may fail on the same grounds, unless the court finds that the church breached its contractual obligation with Ambridge to amicably settle disputes and attempt to mediate contract termination.

Rod Dreher with the publication The American Conservative, foresees that this will not be the only such assault on churches and their religious freedom, "If an LGBT activist group targets a private business for working with a church it considers to be anti-LGBT, and its campaign results in that business going under, will the business owners take the church to court seeking damages?" Clearly that is what has happened in this case since the church is protected from legal assault by LGBT groups, nothing protects Ambridge from their media attack campaigns and a loss of business.

Were they paying attention to the USSC ruling last week on the baker? This is even more clear-cut, and I think it might even result in a 9-0 ruling because it involves an actual church.

Remember when their mantra was "all we want is to get married"

They got that, and now they will never be happy till there is no more to get.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Were they paying attention to the USSC ruling last week on the baker? This is even more clear-cut, and I think it might even result in a 9-0 ruling because it involves an actual church.
    This is kind of a stickier case because the private company arranging for the use of church facilities is suing for damages, not for "civil rights." However, the experts in the article agreed that the case would probably be settled in favor of the church.

The big issue is that winning the lawsuit may be a Pyrrhic victory because the money the church will have to spend on legal council could bankrupt the place. The reason the church was renting out its facilities is because it needed a way to make money.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Old n Grumpy View Post
    Remember when their mantra was "all we want is to get married"

They got that, and now they will never be happy till there is no more to get.
    I hear you. What I dread is when pedophiles go down the same path. All the psychiatric community has to do is declare i an "orientation" (in born), and pedophiles can follow the same trajectory as homosexual activists. It's the same argument.

Just wait until NAMBLA wants to rent out an elementary school cafeteria for their meetings. I pray it never gets there, but the path has been forged. The trick was to make (allegedly) inborn sexual feelings the equivalent of race. One that happened, ANY (allegedly) inborn sexual feelings. This is what Rick Santorum was trying to say all those years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I hear you. What I dread is when pedophiles go down the same path. All the psychiatric community has to do is declare i an "orientation" (in born), and pedophiles can follow the same trajectory as homosexual activists. It's the same argument.

Just wait until NAMBLA wants to rent out an elementary school cafeteria for their meetings. I pray it never gets there, but the path has been forged. The trick was to make (allegedly) inborn sexual feelings the equivalent of race. One that happened, ANY (allegedly) inborn sexual feelings. This is what Rick Santorum was trying to say all those years back.

The difference between a GLB(even T) is that it involves willing adult partners. Pedophiles by nature want sex partners who are too young to give consent. I don't think it will get there as long as states maintain strong criminal sexual conduct laws, and the age of consent is 16 or older.

I wonder if a mosque can be sued for not hosting a bah mitzvah ?
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys