Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 DO NOT RAISE YOUR CHILDREN IN BERKELEY 
    Power CUer
    How to Raise a Healthy Child
    http://www.robinofberkeley.com/

...Moving on here, I am now ready to give you the most important piece of advice of all — that vital piece of info that you won’t hear from anyone else but me.

DO NOT RAISE YOUR CHILDREN IN BERKELEY. Ditto for Oakland, Emeryville, El Cerrito, San Francisco, Albany, Richmond, etc. etc.

There is no exception to this rule. I don’t care if you come to Berkeley and “fall in love” with the place. Please know that you are not in love: you are having serious mental health problems and need to get yourself to a psychiatrist asap...

While raising children here is not technically child abuse, frankly, I think it is. To subject sweet, innocent children to the tough, rough streets around here would be bad enough.

But then there are the schools. Even the supposedly “good ones” are really bad. The test scores around here are some of the lowest in the country, making small towns in Mississippi look Mensa-like in comparison. (1)

But putting aside the sub-par schools, your children will be brutalized emotionally. Many of them will learn very quickly to hate themselves because of the color of their skin. I mean, how is that okay??

Likely they will adapt, and become full of self-hate. They’ll start doing self-destructive things.

They’ll get tattoos all over their bodies and get septum piercings that make them look like Nellie, the cow. Many will get involved in injurious sexual practices, and perhaps even decide that “she” is actually a “he.”

Meanwhile, since you are now a full-fledged member of the Berkeley luny bin, you will celebrate your child’s “freedom,” instead of rushing as fast as humanely possible to the nearest psych ward. Before too long, your sweet, adorable little offspring will be a hardened, Berkeley freaky radical.

Dearly Beloved Readers: Does that sound healthy to you?

Power CUer
    More on Berkeley...

http://www.robinofberkeley.com/
    Berkeley is not just a stressful place to live — it’s a sorrowful one. It’s a place where you see the inevitable consequences of communistic policies, “free love,” and all other kinds of rebellions against the natural order of things.

When you look around at the faces, most of them appear deadened. After feeling pummeled by life here, and giving up so many of the joys they could have had elsewhere, there is a hardness to people.

Berkeley is the testing ground, and has been for many decades now, probably since the Frankfurt School set up shop at the University of California, Berkeley in the l930s. (2) If the hypnotic programming works here, it is unleashed onto your neighborhood as well.
    Last edited by Elspeth; 06-09-2018 at 07:33 PM.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    May the FORCE be with you!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    This woman could be describing any one of a number of California cities. I find it interesting how far gone Berkeley is. Apparently, they treat the homeless so well there that the homeless have no incentive to find homes.

Wow. It's daunting planning for a kid when that's where you live.

First thing is to verify there's a reliable vaccination-facility in the area.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    Wow. It's daunting planning for a kid when that's where you live.

First thing is to verify there's a reliable vaccination-facility in the area.
    Or a place where drug needles aren't lining the sidewalk.

What I love about Robin's blog is it shows the seedy, ugly underbelly of the "counter culture". People remember the tie dye, the long hair, the peace/love slogans, the anti-war marches, the back-to-nature ethos and rejection of materialism. What they don't remember is the filth, the violence, the lost lives to drugs, the unraveling of important societal structures, and the birth of nihilism. Robin brings these out and shows the center of the "counter culture" is really the center of cultural death and personal loss.

Your kids could survive SF, if you send them to a strict, old-fashioned Catholic school. One with nuns who still wear habits and carry rulers.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Your kids could survive SF, if you send them to a strict, old-fashioned Catholic school. One with nuns who still wear habits and carry rulers.
    Those don't exist anymore, noonie.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Those don't exist anymore, noonie.
    Unfortunate. I got my grandpa once to send my bratty cousin to one in the 90s. But that school is gone, now.

I was last in SF in the 80s, and it was a beautiful place.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Unfortunate. I got my grandpa once to send my bratty cousin to one in the 90s. But that school is gone, now.

I was last in SF in the 80s, and it was a beautiful place.
    The one thing about the nuns was that they didn't take backtalk or disruption. Kids toed the line and they learned. Nowadays, kids know that they can complain about a teacher who "isn't supportive of their learning style" (ie, told them to put away the cell phone) and the teacher can be punished. It creates a highly insincere atmosphere of teachers kissing students' butts and watering down the academics, just to keep employed.