1. #1 Pope Francis: Transition to Clean Energy Is ‘Challenge of Epochal Proportions’ 
    Humanity must devise a “long-term global strategy” to meet the problem of climate change, Pope Francis said Saturday, which requires phasing out fossil fuels.

Addressing participants at a meeting for executives in the oil and natural gas sectors, the pope urged his hearers to look to green energy as a key to humanity’s future while continuing to stump for the 2015 Paris Climate Accord.

“As you know, in December 2015, 196 Nations negotiated and adopted the Paris Agreement, with a firm resolve to limit the growth in global warming to below 2° centigrade, based on preindustrial levels, and, if possible, to below 1.5° centigrade,” Francis stated. “Some two-and-a-half years later, carbon dioxide emissions and atmospheric concentrations of greenhouse gases remain very high. This is disturbing and a cause for real concern.”

In what would almost seem an attempt to troll the Trump administration, Francis said that “even more worrying is the continued search for new fossil fuel reserves, whereas the Paris Agreement clearly urged keeping most fossil fuels underground.”
    The bigger challenge is to keep this idiot from destroying the church !

http://www.breitbart.com/national-se...l-proportions/
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    This is the age of morons, but even they will soon go by the wayside called the past. 50 years from now you will still be using gasoline and paying a light bill. There is nothing more efficient and cheaper than the combustion engine, never will be simply because the new technology is just pulling pricing off the top of their heads trying to establish monopolies and form empires like the early industrialist .. The entire world is centered on fossil fuel and it will stay that way until it is gone. Remember you can manufacture fuel to run a combustion engine. Over priced things start class wars and I don't believe working class people will accept being forced to buy super expensive crap to be able to get to work so they can pay for that over priced crap. I wish I had been born during the old horse and mule days, life was a heck of a lot better for everyone. You now have young people in their twenties so deep in debt they will never actually own anything. I can only imagine what would happen if all of a sudden everyone was required to buy one of these crappy little cars and that solar under powered house. I would just love to throat punch the sucker who made it impossible to find a 100 watt light bulb without paying a ransom. Now that is the wave of the future, make good things extinct so you can get rich

I wish they'd bring that German pope back from retirement. The current Pope Francis sounds like Pelosi or Obama.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I wish they'd bring that German pope back from retirement. The current Pope Francis sounds like Pelosi or Obama.
    I'm not a Catholic, so I don't really care in the long run who gets to wear the funny hat and have people kiss his ring.

I think Catholics are going to have more issues with his recent discussions about ordaining women.

Until Vatican City operates solely on wind and solar he should shut up about things he doesn't understand and try doing what he supposedly does understand, tending the Catholic flock.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!