1. #1 ONE THING FOR THE WHOLE WORLD TO REMEMBER... 
    link

NYETNYET (127 posts)

ONE THING FOR THE WHOLE WORLD TO REMEMBER...

THE ONE THING FOR AMERICA TO REMEMBER. No matter how they much they lie and pretend, most Americans DID NOT vote for this public disgrace. We will have our country and our pride BACK.
    THE ONE THING DEMOCRATS NEED TO REMEMBER is that there were 221 million eligible voters in 2016. link

Hillary Clinton received 65.41 million votes, Donald Trump 62.78 million votes. link

3 million votes more than President Trump may sound like a huge number but out of a possible 221 million or even the 136 million that were cast link is a drop in the bucket.

And President Trump OVERWHELMINGLY won the majority of the country.

Many of us didn't like President Obama and for that we were vilified and called "racist', "hater" etc. They don't like President Trump and they smugly think that it is THEY and THEIR beliefs that matter. They don't and they can spew all the hate they want but it doesn't change ANYTHING. They can sit and wallow in their grief, shame and anger.

peggysue2 (1,810 posts)
    4. Despite all my ranting, I . . .

believe you are correct. We will get through this. However, watching this fiasco unfold is absolutely infuriating.

I do not come easily to hatred. But I'm getting to a full boil with Trumpism and anyone who still supports this fiasco.

Traitors all!
    The only thing that is a fiasco is the hateful way the liberals are acting.
    Me. (19,766 posts)
    5. What Goes Around Comes Around
    They need to remember that next time there is a Democrat President and they begin demanding that conservatives HAVE to 'respect' him or her.
    zentrum (6,423 posts)

9. Not true.

Civll Service has been depleted.
    Diplomatic Service has been depleted.
    Tax cuts will be almost impossible to undo quickly, so Social security, Medicare and Medicaid will be underfunded. People will die and suffer.
    National debt will be humungous.
    Environment will be degraded.
    Education will be hugely privatized.
    A generation of college students will be in debt unless forgiven.
    Unions will be greatly damaged.
    We will have a rightwing Supreme Court for the next 30 years.
    Large numbers of courts throughout country are already seeded with Trump appointed judges.
    Many DACAs and immigrants will have been deported and can't manage to return.
    We will probably have a major recession in 2020.

If we manage to stay out of war.
    gilligan (103 posts)

11. MAJORITY

A majority of Americans did not vote for him.
    A majority of the country did and that is what matters.
    calimary (47,670 posts)

14. Welcome to DU, gilligan.

Yes. A MAJORITY. Some THREE MILLION MORE VOTES.

She was up against the GOP, the RNC, the Koch Brothers, the Mercers, Wikileaks, Pox Noise, Julian Assange, Roger Stone and his merry band of ratfuckers, Cambridge Analytica, Vladimir Putin, the St. Petersburg troll farm(s), Russian oligarchs and other international high-rolling criminals - AND all their money, and the entire Russian espionage infrastructure. And she STILL got THREE MILLION MORE VOTES than trump did.
    Less than 3 MILLION out of a total of 136.6 million votes cast and out of an estimated 221 million eligible voters. So she received 2 million votes more as she lost THE MAJORITY OF THE COUNTRY. The electoral college is there for a reason and this last election shows just why as even when the Democrats lost they think they can bully everyone else to do what THEY want. Two or three large city/population centers do NOT make decisions for the entire country just because they're large and liberal.

Most Americans did vote for Trump in the states that mattered

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Your liberal hatred just makes me so happy every day.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Your liberal hatred just makes me so happy every day.
    It is a ray of sunshine.

BTW, I wonder what the total would be if the illegal and deceased votes for Hillary were subtracted.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd-try View Post
    It is a ray of sunshine.

BTW, I wonder what the total would be if the illegal and deceased votes for Hillary were subtracted.
    I think they call that negative numbers

Another thing to remember: Despite being "the most qualified candidate ever," having the majority of the media in her pocket and spending almost twice as much money Hillary still managed to lose to someone who had never even run for any office before.

LPC Noob posting a re-re-re-re-re-re-re-run for DU-Cred. The majority of states voted for Trump. That's why Trump is President of the United States and HilLIARy is on book tour and on the rubber-chicken circuit, and will never be President of the United States.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

A reminder to liberals. No one has ever won the Presidency because he had the majority of the popular vote. All winning candidates have won because they had the majority of the electoral college votes. Now you know that it just doesn't matter how much of the popular vote Hillary had. She still lost the electoral college vote and that is the one that counts.
    Liberals! The real fascists.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    Most Americans did vote for Trump in the states that mattered

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Considering the outright voting fraud in places like California (illegals voting, among other things), Trump probably won the popular vote as well, but we will never know.