Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    I suppose to be around Dennis Rodman you would need to carry a fly swatter with ya

Rodman is angling for that Nobel
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    BREAKING: President Trump emerges with Kim Jong Un from working lunch, says they are going to a "signing""We'll be announcing that in a couple of minutes," Trump says
    A "Signing"?
    Klaatu barada nikto

Live feed of the "Signing"

No word yet on what it is.

Klaatu barada nikto

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    A "Signing"?

Rodman will be signing pictures...
    May the FORCE be with you!

All was said was it was a "Comprehensive Letter" that would be discussed in detail in about 2 hours. That would mark a massive change in the region.
    Klaatu barada nikto

Here's the text of the agreement:

President Donald J Trump of the United States of America and Chairman Kim Jong Un of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) held first historic summit in Singapore on June 12, 2018.

President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un conducted a comprehensive in-depth and sincere exchange of opinions on the issues related to the establishment of new US-DPRK relations and the building of a lasting an robust peace regime on the Korean Peninsula. President Trump committed to provide security guarantees to the DPRK, and Chairman Kim Jong Un reaffirmed his firm and unwavering commitment to complete denuclearization of the Korean peninsula.

Convinced that the establishment of new US-DPRK relations will contribute to the peace and prosperity of the Korean peninsula and of the world, and recognizing that mutual confidence building can promote the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un state the following:

1) The United States and the DPRK commit to establish new US-DPRK relations in accordance with the desire of the peoples of the two countries for peace and prosperity
    2) The United States and the DPRK will join their efforts to build a lasting and stable peace regime on the Korean Peninsula
    3) Reaffirming the April 27, 2018 Panmunjom Declaration, the DPRK commits to work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula
    4) The United States and the DPRK commit to recovering POW/MIA remains, including the immediate repatriation of those already identified.

Having acknowledged that the US-DPRK summit — the first in history — was an epochal event of great significance in overcoming decades of tensions and hostilities between the two countries and for the opening up of a new future, President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un commit to implement the stipulation in this joint statement fully and expeditiously. The United States and the DPRK commit to hold follow-on negotiations, led by the US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, and a relevant high-level DPRK official, at the earliest possible date, to implement the outcomes of the US-DPRK summit.

President Donald J Trump of the United States of America and Chairman Kim Jong Un of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea have committed to cooperate for the development of new US-DPRK relations and for the promotion of peace, prosperity, and security of the Korean Peninsula and of the world.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...mp-kim-n882246

My initial reaction is it is a good first step. It's scant on details, but that's to be expected as those will get worked out behind the scenes. On the plus side, it doesn't even mention limiting sanctions or financial investment/aid or anything like that in the beginning, which would have likely been the initial overture in past administrations. All we give them is vague "security guarantees". Now, to see if NK actually denuclearizes in a permanent and verifiable way.

President Trump is answering press questions right now. He is always so fun to listen too! No filter. Direct. And his business sense is so apparent all the time.

He had a question regarding why he is so hard on Canada. Answer: We are being taken advantage of by everyone! haha. I love him.

And I liked when he said he added things once the agreement was signed. He said something like 'I've done that before in deals.' hehe. I wish I could be a fly on the wall in all his deals. He said this should have been done years ago. He talks good.

Other politicians have such a heavy filter or rely on teleprompters way too much.

Wow - what a relief to have him as President. I just don't understand why anyone could not just love him!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I'm sure the Democratics will
    congratulate the President on
    this historic signing!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!