1. #1 OF COURSE HE DID 
    link

kpete (59,605 posts)
    OF COURSE HE DID

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin

"Generally, claims by aliens pertaining to domestic violence or gang violence perpetrated by non-governmental actors will not qualify for asylum," Sessions wrote. "That a country may have problems effectively policing certain crimes ... cannot itself establish an asylum claim."
    https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1006261069524946944 …

2:50 PM - Jun 11, 2018

What other country grants large scale asylum based of "gang violence" or "domestic abuse".

I can see it for women who's husbands are in leadership roles and have the resources to hunt them out if they leave him, but just anyone who comes and claims it? No.

nature-lover (282 posts)

2. Is this a strategy so that he can be fired and it not look Mueller related?

So many evil policies. Makes me wonder.
    House of Roberts (1,676 posts)

5. Legislative, Executive and JUDICIAL.

Judges aren't part of the Executive branch. They don't take orders from Sessions.
    Caliman73 (3,279 posts)

6. Unfortunately that is not accurate.

https://www.uscis.gov/tools/glossary/immigration-judge

Immigration judges are appointed by the AG and under the Administrative branch.
    fallout87 (366 posts)

7. The US AG has jurisdiction over this

"Unlike the federal judiciary system, the U.S. immigration courts fall under the Justice Department’s jurisdiction, and the attorney general can intervene."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1J7246
    Fred Sanders (22,347 posts)

22. "Intervene" does not mean "order". Any AG can intervene, do an appeal for instance, but to

order judges seems not right at all...maybe we will here from the judges soon...and en mass resignation?
    2naSalit (19,539 posts)

24. Or simple refusal to

give deference to it whether they openly say so or not.
    I'm tired of the Jack*ss Party members who were THRILLED when Obama made changes being up in arms and suing when President Trump makes changes. And I'm sick and tired of them declaring that only laws THEY agree with need to be followed.

RandomAccess (4,359 posts)

13. Here's the deal --

Domestic abuse wasn't a crime HERE until we (women, mostly) made it so.

Thus, whether or not and how well any other country handles domestic violence is a political issue, not merely a crime issue. Since it IS a political issue, that should put it under our asylum laws.
    Rationalize and justify.

PaulX2 (677 posts)

14. Republicans Are So Evil

So F-ing Evil.
    IronLionZion (22,537 posts)

15. Discouraging people from reporting these crimes

what an asshole

Not blanket granting asylum due to crimes IN ANOTHER COUNTRY is "discouraging people from reporting these crimes"?

calimary (47,686 posts)

16. Heartless Fuck!

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    I'm tickled to see them squirm and twist and cry every time something happens to right all the wrong already done by their street corner anarchist so called leaders. Brown Shirts is a much better description for those they vote for, they only forgot one thing, normal Americans aren't buying and or accepting it, not today tomorrow or any other day. I hope they all get so desperate they pack up and move to cuba or somewhere they can feel at home because this is not the place for such ignorance.

So DUpipo are outraged that crimes committed in Mexico or Honduras or Guatemala or ... are not the basis for a valid asylum claim? Why are DUpipo not outraged at those countries' lawlessness in general and failure to protect women in particular?
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!