1. #1 anyone else having issues processing what is going on? And I am not watching... 
    link
    NRaleighLiberal (45,907 posts)
    anyone else having issues processing what is going on? And I am not watching...

just reading a bit here, CNN, TPM, Twitter.

Let me try the cliff notes version - narcissistic sexist racist misogynist pig from a reality show is compromised by Putin, who hacks our election and makes the asshole president, who proceeds to ruin everything he touches and tear down decades of progress, makes decisions that run counter to progress and decency, rips our allies and, while a noose is hanging around his neck due to the Mueller investigation, thinks he is BFF with a brutal dictator as they create an episode of some shitty upcoming reality show starring Dennis Rodman.

Or something like that.

I've got to go to bed - once again, for the umpteenth time - daily since prezzie election day - my head hurts. We are truly in bizarro world with no end in sight.
    dawg day (860 posts)

1. I can't stand it either--

so afraid that this orange turd will get away with it like he's gotten away with everything in his selfish life.

And I'm afraid that the GOP is watching and thinking, "We can keep doing this-- we can keep electing angry thugs like Trumps and legacy losers like W with a minority of votes by manipulating however we can, whether it's the supreme court making it happen or Russia.

and we can do it with a minority over and over, so we never have to appeal to a majority again, and we can screw everyone including our own voters, because a large minority love getting screwed, and the GOP establishment really knows how to exploit that.

I'm afraid we'll never come back from it.
    And that Democrats are too civilized and law-abiding, usually a good thing, to stand up and say, "THIS ELECTION WAS STOLEN. WE'RE TAKING IT BACK."
    Yes, they're quite adamant that President Trump isn't going to get away with winning the election from them.

question everything (32,792 posts)

2. Same here

And I am developing dark thoughts.

I am cheering Kudlow's heart attack, hoping that others will follow.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142081335
    murielm99 (20,966 posts)

13. The media can do all the marveling it likes

over how historic and wonderful this is. It is not. It is attention seeking behavior on behalf of two of the worst narcissistic babies in the entire world. I am not watching, either.

I was shocked by Andrea Mitchell, and I did not believe that was possible. She was marveling over Un and fawning over how he was so young when he came to power, and how he has stayed in power and now gotten recognition. Anyone with a brain would be stunned that this little thug had gotten what he wanted, and only did so because he found a world "leader" as stupid as he is. That was the end of it. I am not watching anything else.
    kag (1,866 posts)

18. I kept hoping a news anchor would come onto the screen with "breaking news" that

Mueller had just filed indictments for Cheetoh, his family, and his entire circle of criminal suck-ups.

When that didn't happen after the first few minutes I turned it off and read a book.
    BadgerMom (1,036 posts)

19. This whole thing feels so off.

A year ago Trump and Kim were exchanging insults on Twitter. Otto Warmbier was on his deathbed. At the Winter Olympics Pence snubbed the North Korean reps. Now we’re best buddies. It feels so contrived. I know it sounds like I’m some nutball conspiracy theorist, but it feels like there’s a master puppeteer. Putin, anyone?

More winning is very painful to Dems. It's like taking a dose of an anti-opioid.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

anyone else having issues processing what is going on?
    No, we are normal well adjusted people who are happy to see there is finally some one in the white house who is putting America and Americans first.

Your problem is that you are just a spoiled petulant child who is pissed for not getting your way. Grow up.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

anyone else having issues processing what is going on? And I am not watching...

just reading a bit here, CNN, TPM, Twitter.
    I think I see NRL's problem - you are what you eat - but I think (s)he's far beyond remediation.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

question everything (32,792 posts)

2. Same here

And I am developing dark thoughts.

I am cheering Kudlow's heart attack, hoping that others will follow.
    this is from the group who insists that they are filled with compassion and we are filled with hate...
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    this is from the group who insists that they are filled with compassion and we are filled with hate...
    If Team Grave-Dancing were an Olympic sport teams from DU would sweep the medals.

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    If Team Grave-Dancing were an Olympic sport teams from DU would sweep the medals.

They are idiots, but I did see Kudlow on the news over the weekend, and I'm just going to say it's not a shock to me that he had a heart attack a couple of days later. He was really worked up.

My attitude about the N.K. summit is that it is good that the meeting occurred, but only time will tell how serious Kim is about changing things in his country. I think he is different from his father and grandfather in that he appears to like traveling, meeting other leaders and taking in the rest of the world around him.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    My attitude about the N.K. summit is that it is good that the meeting occurred, but only time will tell how serious Kim is about changing things in his country. I think he is different from his father and grandfather in that he appears to like traveling, meeting other leaders and taking in the rest of the world around him.
    Not to mention he's keen on Dennis Rodman.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Other than amusement at DUpipo's and similar liberal/Progs' agony over the possibility that something good is happening, I'm not ready for a victory dance. If progress continues it will be slow, taking years. Were it to stop a minute after I post this I'll be disappointed, but still, more will have been accomplished the past year and a half than had been accomplished from 1953-2016.