1. #1 Trump Appointee Compiles Loyalty List of U.S. Employees at U.N., State 
    link

tenderfoot (3,356 posts)

Trump Appointee Compiles Loyalty List of U.S. Employees at U.N., State

Foreign Policy reports:

A senior advisor to the State Department appointed just two months ago has been quietly vetting career diplomats and American employees of international institutions to determine whether they are loyal to President Donald Trump and his political agenda, according to nearly a dozen current and former U.S. officials.

Mari Stull, a former food and beverage lobbyist-turned-wine blogger under the name “Vino Vixen,” has reviewed the social media pages of State Department staffers for signs of ideological deviation. She has researched the names of government officials to determine whether they signed off on Obama-era policies — though signing off does not mean officials personally endorsed them but merely cleared them through the bureaucratic chain.

And she has inquired about Americans employed by international agencies, including the World Health Organization and the United Nations, asking their colleagues when they were hired and by whom, according the officials.

More: http://foreignpolicy.com/2018/06/13/...s-dysfunction/
    More tweets I didn't bring over.
    underpants (134,885 posts)

1. "Where's my Roy Cohn?!?" said Trump once

Well it ain't Cohen that's for sure.

This stinks of McCarthyism.
    No idiots, this is what HAS to be done after someone like Obama is the President because he politicized EVERY governmental agency. It's what HAS to be done when some employees are so ideologically married to Democrats and the leftist agenda that they do everything they can to undermine a legitimately elected President of the other Party. It's what HAS to happen when one party - Democrats - feel so entitled to be in power that they will do anything to bring down a legitimately elected President.

They were given a change. They blew it, thinking they could get away with undermining President Trump.

TreasonousBastard (29,599 posts)

2. Ghastly!
    Frustratedlady (12,085 posts)

5. My first reaction was also McCarthy. We are getting closer and closer to Russia-II.

I wonder what other shenanigans are going on? I suggest Trump spend some time getting his own affairs (no pun intended) in order so there aren't any delays when they frog-march him out the door. And, make that the FRONT door. We've been waiting long and excruciating hours for this to happen and we deserve first class seats. Popcorn is a'poppin'.
    The last line of the article says this:

“Everyone is looking to bail,” said one State Department official.
    Because they are politicized and working for their own ends or the ends of the left INSTEAD of the elected President.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Removing any stench of Obama entrenched bureaucrats is fine with me.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Foggy Bottom has been a Hate-America swamp longer than Trump has been alive. Any Foggy Bottom dweller stupid enough to post their hatred for America on social media is too damn stupid to work in the State Department!
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Hitler or Stalin would have had the people not on that list executed. Trump will show the mercy and just say "YOU'RE FIRED".
    Liberals! The real fascists.

It's hilarious to see people who support the Mueller Russian witch hunt talk about "McCarthyism."