1. #1 Rosenstein threatened to 'subpoena' GOP-led committee in 'chilling' clash over record 
    Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein threatened to “subpoena” emails, phone records and other documents from lawmakers and staff on a Republican-led House committee during a tense meeting earlier this year, according to emails reviewed by Fox News documenting the encounter and reflecting what aides described as a "personal attack."

The emails memorialized a January 2018 closed-door meeting involving senior FBI and Justice Department officials as well as members of the House Intelligence Committee. The account claimed Rosenstein threatened to turn the tables on the committee's inquiries regarding the Russia probe.

“The DAG [Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein] criticized the Committee for sending our requests in writing and was further critical of the Committee’s request to have DOJ/FBI do the same when responding,” the committee's then-senior counsel for counterterrorism Kash Patel wrote to the House Office of General Counsel. “Going so far as to say that if the Committee likes being litigators, then ‘we [DOJ] too [are] litigators, and we will subpoena your records and your emails,’ referring to HPSCI [House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence] and Congress overall.”

A second House committee staffer at the meeting backed up Patel’s account, writing: “Let me just add that watching the Deputy Attorney General launch a sustained personal attack against a congressional staffer in retaliation for vigorous oversight was astonishing and disheartening. ... Also, having the nation’s #1 (for these matters) law enforcement officer threaten to 'subpoena your calls and emails' was downright chilling.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...ails-show.html
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    I think perhaps we have enemies inside the gate, these people should be very glad they aren't living in Eisenhower's era they would have already been lined against a wall and shot. We set the stage for this when we allowed them to attempt to steal Bush Jr's first election using corrupt lawyers and judges. I can remember exactly what I thought about it then, same today !

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Old White Man View Post
    I think perhaps we have enemies inside the gate, these people should be very glad they aren't living in Eisenhower's era they would have already been lined against a wall and shot. We set the stage for this when we allowed them to attempt to steal Bush Jr's first election using corrupt lawyers and judges. I can remember exactly what I thought about it then, same today !
    What is odd about this is that Trump has complete control of the Justice Department and the FBI. They work for him. If these Congressional committees aren't getting the information they need, Trump could order the DOJ and the FBI to cough up the information. It makes me wonder why he hasn't done this since the information is supposed to exonerate him.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Here is Mister See-No-Evil, Hear-No-Evil, Speak-No-Evil Sessions commenting on this with Tucker Carlson last night:

What is is with this man?

I've been trying to figure him out for months. Although this is absolute speculation I think someone in the Deep State has photos of him in bed with a live boy or a dead girl.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    What is odd about this is that Trump has complete control of the Justice Department and the FBI. They work for him. If these Congressional committees aren't getting the information they need, Trump could order the DOJ and the FBI to cough up the information. It makes me wonder why he hasn't done this since the information is supposed to exonerate him.
    He could be giving them enough rope to hang themselves knowing they are squirming and imploding, or it sure seems that way

" Let's tell everyone that the effect was 'chilling'. " --some reporter or news-director.

I mean who feels chilled about some abstract conceptualization?

Maybe in a newsroom.