Decreasing unemployment
    Record low unemployment for Black people
    Record low unemployment for Hispanic People
    Increasing belief that the US is going the right way
    Hope for peace on the Korean Peninsula
    Larger paychecks
    Increasing hope.
    A better climate for small businesses.
    Large companies bringing their money back to the US.

Yes Republicans and President Trump ARE responsible for all those.

And Democrats see them as negative because they are for the opposite of each of them.

Cary (9,045 posts)

1. Totally
    vi5 (12,859 posts)

4. Exactly...

..The only difference between Trump and Republicans of the past 20-25 years is that he and his supporters are honest about their positions. There is not an ounce of daylight between what Trump is doing and what Republicans have been trying to do for 25 or more years. The only difference is the honestly.

The fact that this is not being repeated over and over and over and over again by everyone with a D after their name worries me because I'm afraid the minute Trump is gone they'll get some ridiculous notion that they will be back to negotiating with the "adults in the room" or naively think they will suddenly get any kind of cooperation or normalcy from Republicans.

Whenever I see anyone imply that we are going to peel off any "independents" or "disaffected Republicans "I think of the conversation I had with my father in law. He is an "independent", meaning he is not a declared Republican because it makes him feel as though he's somehow better than all the partisans. But he always and without fail votes for every Republican. He despises Trump with every fiber of his being (not enough to vote for Hillary, but still). And when I said to him recently "You hate Trump and every single Republican in office to the number has supported and enabled Trump. Remember that when it comes time to vote." his response was "Well, I don't think they are all supporting him or to blame. They are just in a tough spot."

This is someone who despises and loathes Trump but still refuses to hold the Republican party responsible because that is always how he voted and no matter how "disaffected" he gets, or no matter how many times he says he's an "independent", he is never ever going to vote for a Democrat. So appealing to him and his ilk and putting all our eggs in that basket while alienating Democratic friendly constituents by going after people like him is a fools errand of the highest order, and the people in charge of our party need to stop it ASAP.
    Even when you don't agree with everything a party stands for, or if you dislike a specific person you must still decide who and what party is closest to your beliefs. And Hillary Clinton and Demcrats ARE NOT a good alternative if you just don't like Trump.

Garrett78 (3,993 posts)

7. One of the things that frightens me about Pence becoming POTUS is the narrative that would result.

We'd be hearing that all is well now, that everything is back to normal. Republicans and the media would be pushing that narrative pretty hard. When, in fact, Pence is crazy.

And Trump is the almost inevitable result of 50 years of Southern Strategy/dog whistling, jingoism, anti-intellectualism, etc. He's a symptom of Republicanism over the last half century.
    The reality is that Democrats are so puffed up with themselves and so full of hatred toward anyone who isn't a Democrat voting leftist that they will act and talk this way toward ANYONE who is the Republican President.

pangaia (17,678 posts)

8. You covered a lot of area there.. all right on the money...

" The only difference is the honestly. "

And now his 'supporters' are becoming outright HONEST about what they really feel. This will lead to vilence and the deaths of... how many I do not know, but by many means,... from knife stabbings, to shootings, to dying from lack of health care or lack of a job, or lack of hope.

"The fact that this is not being repeated over and over and over and over again....worries me.."

1-That's it'' OH trump is gone. everything is ok. now we have penace the menace or whomever...
    2-However, by the time he 'is gone' it will be too late.

" we are going to peel off any "independents" or "disaffected Republicans ...."

right, ain't gonna happen,, oh a few maybe nut,, forget it. By this November's election, I am quite convinced it will be too late.. In fact, I suspect it already is... so much focus on trump all the shit going on in the dark is missed.. like the loyalty research going on for gov employees.... THIS is the beginning of the purge..!
    If the idiots keep acting like they have there will continue to be a "purge' at every election.
    The Genealogist (1,797 posts)

18. "The only difference between Trump and Republicans of the past 20-25 years is that he

and his supporters are honest about their positions." This exactly. Donald Trump is the very embodiment, the culmination, of Republicanism. Hate, greed, lying, lust for money and power, anti-decency. And all of it wrapped up in an authoritarian pig dressed in a cheap suit. I remember that "compassionate conservative" bull hockey they used to spew. Didn't seem to last long, probably because everyone else knew they were lying through their teeth. How they even got the words "compassionate conservatism" past their mendacious, flapping lips without laughing is beyond me.

The liberal supremacy they tout is more ugly, racist, vile and hateful than the milk toast they claim 'white supremacy' is. No one has a greater entitlement complex than the leftists/Democrats.
    [QUOTE]

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Not bad for 500 days, to bad these obstructionist can't do what we are forced to pay them to do, all conservatives should file a class action lawsuit to remove all those that are obstructionist and get them for malfeasance and failure to uphold their oaths of office. There is no reason we should be forced to pay these clowns while they screw up our Nation. If they can't do their job they need to exit while they're still able. Nothing wrong to have different politics but to not have a cabinet approved in 500 days and counting is pure damned criminal.

HILLARY LOST - TRUMP IS PRESIDENT

Keep saying it until it sticks.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Power CUer
    And now his 'supporters' are becoming outright HONEST about what they really feel. This will lead to vilence and the deaths of... how many I do not know, but by many means,... from knife stabbings, to shootings, to dying from lack of health care or lack of a job, or lack of hope.
    Do the DUmmies know something about ANITFA that we don't?

So much hysteria, so much hate ... it's time on DU.

BTW, what's the occasion this time?
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    So much hysteria, so much hate ... it's time on DU.

BTW, what's the occasion this time?
    Just another typical day on loony-land.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender