1. #1 FBI agent texted 'We'll stop' Trump from becoming president, a disclosure that's incl 
    link

DonViejo (44,171 posts)

FBI agent texted 'We'll stop' Trump from becoming president, a disclosure that's included...

FBI agent texted ‘We’ll stop’ Trump from becoming president, a disclosure that’s included in a Justice report to be released today

By Karoun Demirjian, Devlin Barrett and John Wagner
    June 14 at 12:00 PM

BREAKING: Newly disclosed text among FBI officials says ‘We’ll stop’ Trump from becoming president. The message is included in a forthcoming Justice Department inspector general report on the FBI’s handling of the Clinton email investigation.

President Trump was set to receive a briefing Thursday on the highly anticipated inspector general report on law enforcement’s handling of the Hillary Clinton email probe before its release to the public later in the afternoon.

The 500-page report is expected to criticize former FBI director James B. Comey and other senior law enforcement officials for decisions they made that affected the course of the inquiry on Clinton’s use of a private email server, as well as how they conducted themselves during the investigation.

A Justice Department spokesman indicated Thursday that the report will include discussion of additional text messages between the former top FBI counterintelligence official Peter Strzok and FBI lawyer Lisa Page. The inspector general has previously unearthed an exchange of pro-Clinton, anti-Trump texts between the two. Trump has seized on the exchange to argue bias against him within the FBI.

more
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...e99_story.html
    Let the spinning begin...........

cynatnite (29,254 posts)

1. Well...just fuck!

The RW is going to seize on it like a rabid dog with a bone.
    imanamerican63 (4,952 posts)

2. Maybe not?

Tump has ranting about this and plus Hillary never broke any laws or used a foreign government to get elected?
    LOL. So PAYING foreigners, including Russians who were close to the Kremlin millions of dollars for "unverified dirt" and lies isn't breaking laws (it is) or using a foreign government to get elected? And there's been no evidence that President Trump did. But there is a lot of evidence he was set up and Obama/Clinton/Democrat lackeys in the FBI and DOJ spied on him BECAUSE he was a political opponent.

still_one (57,210 posts)

3. Between two agents, not the HEAD OF THE FBI, conversing. Inappropriate, yes, but hardly the same

thing as the HEAD OF THE FBI making public disparaging statements about the email case without consulting the Attorney General, and releasing the letter to the republicans in Congress 11 days before a critical election, and allowing the propaganda machines to characterize it as the email investigation was reopened. That was a LIE, and wasn't corrected until very late Friday afternoon when a brief statement was made that nothing new was found

In reality, the IG investigation will change nothing either way, though I have no doubt our illustrious media will play up the republican point of view.
    Right. And one of those agents was first in charge of investigating Hillary - and determining the outcome before ever interviewing her, and then in spying on President Trump. "Just between two agents" LOL

Someone isn't cooperating.

B2G (9,371 posts)

6. Bullshit.

"Strzok, a key investigator on both the Clinton email case and the investigation of Russia and the Trump campaign".

If this is true, it's bad.
    still_one (57,210 posts)

14. bullshit. Were you even aware of this when it first came out in 2017? It is what it is.

and you know something, it isn't going to change anything. Each side will use it for their own political propaganda, and no one's minds are going to be changed

but please, don't start with the hyperbole how bad this is. Trump didn't fire Comey because of that, and the fact is the report is not going to find Comey or anyone of doing anything "illegal". Inappropriate, yes, but that is what it is

Dec. 12, 2017

WASHINGTON — Senior F.B.I. officials who helped investigate Donald J. Trump’s presidential campaign last year wrote in text messages that Hillary Clinton “just has to win” and described a potential Trump victory as “terrifying,” according to texts released Tuesday night.
    A top counterintelligence agent, Peter Strzok, exchanged the messages with Lisa Page, a senior F.B.I. lawyer. Some messages criticized Mrs. Clinton’s team, the Obama administration, Congress and other Democrats. But the two appeared appalled at some of Mr. Trump’s comments during the campaign and feared that he would politicize the F.B.I.
    For example, after Mr. Trump made an apparent sexual allusion related to the size of his hands, Ms. Page wrote: “This man cannot be president.” In another exchange, Mr. Strzok wrote of a potential Trump presidency, “I’m scared for our organization.” He also referred to Mr. Trump as a “douche.” The messages were turned over to Congress and obtained by The New York Times.
    Mr. Strzok went on to become one of the top investigators for the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III. But over the summer, Mr. Mueller removed Mr. Strzok from his team as soon as he became aware of the texts. Their release is certain to fuel suspicion among Republicans that the investigation into connections between the Trump campaign and Russia was politically motivated from the beginning.

The Justice Department’s inspector general, Michael E. Horowitz, is investigating the texts as part of a wide-ranging inquiry into how the F.B.I. handled its investigations into Mrs. Clinton’s personal email server and of the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia. It is highly unusual for the government to release these types of documents until such an investigation is complete. The move caught internal investigators by surprise.
    F.B.I. regulations allow agents to express opinions “as an individual privately and publicly on political subjects and candidates.”
    On July 27, Ms. Page wrote, “She just has to win now. I’m not going to lie, I got a flash of nervousness yesterday about Trump.” That text message was sent after the Clinton investigation had been closed. Days later, the F.B.I. began investigating possible coordination between Russian officials and the Trump campaign.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/12/u...mp-russia.html
    It's old news.
    B2G (9,371 posts)

18. Of course I was.

I am referring to the new texts about 'stopping Trump'.

The implication of that statement is not helpful. At all.
    still_one (57,210 posts)

8. This is old news B2G. Two agents inappropriately had a private conversation with each other about

their feelings.

Unlike the HEAD of the FBI release a letter to the republicans in Congress 11 days before the election, against the orders of the Attorney General, and mischaracterized by the media that the email investigation was being re-opened, which was a complete distortion of what happened.

From my memory, both agents were immediately removed from the investigation, and I believe one was either forced or voluntarily left the FBI
    sarah FAILIN (2,433 posts)

5. This is old news

Those 2 were having an affair and eventually Strozck who I believe was the one that said that decided to vote for Trump
    When nothing else works......lie. One of them decided to vote for Trump. No link, no evidence, no truth. Someone challenges her and she gives no evidence.

Calista241 (3,059 posts)

24. If anyone ever goes to trial, Strzok and Page will be witnesses numero uno.

and they'll be talking about this text exchange, and if they planted evidence, or framed anyone. And everyone will be digging into their old cases to see if they ever did anything even slightly untoward.

Make no mistake, this is a giant clusterfuck for the FBI, the DOJ and Mueller's investigation.
    FarPoint (7,005 posts)

28. I don't give a damn...

Had no evidence of being anything beyond a person's thought. ..

It's just a text... which easily could of been planted.
    Freethinker65 (3,994 posts)

34. Gee, two people that worked at FBI are known to have preferred not to have Trump as their President

That leaves thousands (?) of FBI agents that might have preferred to have Trump as their President! If the agents went beyond texting their desires to actually conspiring to influence and taint an investigation, they should be dealt with, regardless of who they supported.

Note to GOP hand wringers, not everyone in government voted for Trump, and some even talked shit about him prior to the election. Are they as upset about government employees that despised Hillary so much that in private conversations they imagined trying to stop the momentum of her campaign????? I can think of a few elected legislators that fucking admitted it after the Benghazi/Email server hearings.

Fuck off
    But most of those people were NOT instrumental in letting Clinton off after she committed a number of felonies, nor were they using our intelligence assets to spy on a political opponent.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    On the few occasions I might have Fox News on, Hannity has been talking ad nauseum about this for eons. And this is the first time they're hearing it? Quite the cocoon or bubble that they inhabit.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

It's the same old story, same old song and dances my friend
    --Steven Tyler
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Imagine, if you will, one FBI agent texting to another FBI agent in 2008 regarding Obama, "We'll stop him" from becoming President. DUpipo would have been howling for those agents' heads. And allowing for metaphor, they would have been right. But this happened in 2016, in Obama's FBI, with Trump being the targeted "him". So DUpipo are good with that. Unsurprisingly.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Power CUer
    I wonder if Comey would see "intent" in that statement.

Rush says that the answer was TOTALLY left out when the texts were given to the House intelligence committee.

'We'll stop' Trump from becoming president
    They have been HIDING and obstructing from the beginning.