1. #1 I say Gavin Newsom for 2020--white male handsome compassionate charismatic YOUNG ener 
    more idiocy

link

WhiteTara (23,086 posts)

I say Gavin Newsom for 2020--white male handsome compassionate charismatic YOUNG energetic

https://www.yahoo.com/news/californi...160041273.html

LOS ANGELES — On a recent Thursday afternoon, a long blue-and-white bus cut through L.A.’s glacial traffic, pivoted slowly into the Ladera Center strip mall and stopped in front of Stakely’s Barber Salon. “Gavin for Governor,” it said on the side. Moments later, Gavin Newsom, the former mayor of San Francisco, two-term lieutenant governor of California and current Democratic candidate for the state’s top job, descended the stairs in white shirtsleeves and a loosened navy tie and, though his cheeks seemed as smooth as the rest of him, sauntered inside for a shave.

In a few days, Newsom would learn that he had won the Golden State’s nonpartisan, top-two primary with 33 percent of the vote — no surprise, given that he’d led the crowded field in every poll taken since campaigning began. More consequential was the news that the other Democratic frontrunner, former L.A. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, had failed to secure the second spot in the general election, and that a little-known Republican venture capitalist from Illinois named John Cox had advanced instead.

JMHO and I'm so often wrong, but:
    If we can't get the top slot with our color or gender, we should find the best male candidate including youngest in age and digital age savvy with a woman (not white) VP. We just have to appeal to more than ourselves -- older generations, progressives of all colors and races and ages.

MAGAts aren't going to go with any of us and we HAVE to win. I was in the room when Newsom walked in. He's a rock
    So that's how they decide who to promote for the Presidency - handsome, compassionate, charismatic, young, energetic. Not a word about experience or capabilities. All things they criticize President Trump about. He isn't 'good looking' 'compassionate', 'he's old', 'lazy', blah, blah, blah. Little truth to it, but they put a high premium on someones looks. How shallow. Oh, and the VP has to be a "not white woman".
    cilla4progress (9,741 posts)
    1. White?

Male? Have we not moved beyond these prerequisites??
    No. The left is all about the color of one's skin. It is the most important characteristic about everyone.

Caliman73 (3,284 posts)
    2. We need to see how he manages California first, for a while. I say 2024 at earliest.

I like Newsom and he is a star in California Politics but I want to see how he handles the "big chair" before jumping off into trying to lead the nation. If he can keep California going the right way, then I will back him. I think he can and will, but I think a jump after only 2 years as governor would seem impulsive and like he didn't really want to be the governor of the state.

PubliusEnigma (485 posts)

5. Trump broke all qualifying rules. Anyone can be President now.

I would rather win in 2020 than let Newsom get some more experience.

We need a contender, not perfection.
    LOL. It was Obama that broke all qualifying rules. He had few qualifying characteristics other than his skin color. And he was arrogant enough that he declared that he did not have to show a birth certificate when it was legitimately questioned if he was qualified by birth/citizenship to be president.

fleur-de-lisa (5,057 posts)

8. I'm nervous about nominating ANY MALE these days.

The MeToo movement has outed a lot of men for sexual misconduct.

And even some innocent ones have been caught up in it (Al Franken, for example). I don't know what to make of the Eric Schneiderman case, to be honest.

I say we go with the safe bet and NOMINATE A WOMAN!

Kamala Harris is my current fave.
    jcgoldie (1,757 posts)

14. Uhmm

If we pick a candidate simply because he's a white male, doesn't that make us pretty much the same as the other side?

We aren't getting the MAGAt fuckers anyway btw.
    LOL. The GOP doesn't pick a candidate based on skin color. Oh. And how do DEMOCRATS and LIBERALS act toward Black or other Minorities who are REPUBLICANS? Right.

mcar (22,275 posts)

22. All things being equal

I'd choose a person of color over a white man.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Another Kenyan huh

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Wonder how much dirt Fox News' Kimberly Guilfoyle has on him. Considering they were married.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Wonder how much dirt Fox News' Kimberly Guilfoyle has on him. Considering they were married.
    Is that an oblique allusion to Nuisance having had an affair toward the end of their marriage?
    Timeline of US Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2169385

Timeline of China Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2184146

Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Is that an oblique allusion to Nuisance having had an affair toward the end of their marriage?
    No clue on that CA insider info. Only knew she used to be married to him from watching her on The Five.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

DUpipo dont seem to have a problem with gavin gruesome's white privilege...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    No clue on that CA insider info. Only knew she used to be married to him from watching her on The Five.
    It's true, Nuisance did have an affair. As did the other leading D candidate for Goobernor. We came close to an all-Dem, all-adulterer Goobernatorial "choice" in November.
    Timeline of US Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2169385

Timeline of China Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2184146

Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!