1. #1 Police: 1981 killing of Adam Walsh solved 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    A serial killer who died more than a decade ago is the person who decapitated the 6-year-old son of "America's Most Wanted" host John Walsh in 1981, Florida police said Tuesday.

The announcement brought to a close a case that has haunted the Walsh family for more than two decades, launched the television show about the nation's most notorious criminals and inspired changes in how authorities search for missing children.

"Who could take a 6-year-old and murder and decapitate him? Who?" John Walsh said at Tuesday's news conference. "We needed to know. We needed to know. And today we know. The not knowing has been a torture, but that journey's over."

Much more at LINK

I called my wife in England to let her know about this today.

John Walsh is one of my personal heroes.

When I see these news stories I ask myself sometimes why God would let that happen to an innocent.

Sometimes the knowledge that the death of Adam Walsh led to his father devoting his life to making others, especially children safer is a bit of an answer.

God rest his soul and a prayer for the Walsh family.

Thank God the Walsh family finally has closure in this. John Walsh does such great things for this country and it's people, prayers to their Family at this time and I'm so glad this is solved.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke