06-19-2008, 12:43 PM
- Join Date
- Aug 2005
Alaska RiverTrout Fly Fishing:
Above Pools :Water Bends Best Bait: Little Drake Stonefly
Fallen Brush Best Bait: Copper John Nymph
Stone Shelves Best Bait: Rooster Trail
Plunge Pools Best Bait: Ear Nymph
Alaska Ocean Trout fishing:
Ketchikan, known as the "Salmon Capitol of the World" is perched on the edge of Alaska fishing waters that harbor five unique type of Salmon, the legendary Chinook, or King, the Red or Sockeye, the Silver or Coho, the Pink or Humpback, and the Chum.
Fishing at the Mouth of the Columbia River: in the perpetual fog banks and
surging tides of the Pacific Northwest:
salmon and steelhead fishing.The year's first salmon begin appearing in the lower river in good numbers in March. These are "spring salmon" running 15-30 pounds and are considered the hardest fighting
Alaska Halibut "America's favorite fish"
They can grow to more than 8 ft long and 700 lbs. Halibut weighing in at more than 100 pounds are often called "Whales", "Soakers", or even "Barn Doors", while smaller halibut, less than 20 pounds, are often called "Chickens".
"And as a reward after all of that 'work' !"
Masquite wood-Grilled Halibut with Delmonico's potatoes woodhole baked beans,slabs of sourdough bread and a bunch of Anchor Steam Beer.After all of that a deep camp chair beside the roaring river to put me to sleep !
Last edited by megimoo; 06-19-2008 at 12:45 PM.
06-19-2008, 01:30 PM
- Join Date
- May 2008
06-19-2008, 05:24 PM
: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
” I wondered why the rock was getting larger. Then it hit me.
06-19-2008, 05:47 PM
East Coast hacks - you mean a Dorado?
06-19-2008, 05:52 PM
1) Publish my first novel...and then many more after that. :D
2) Visit a foreign country (preferably Italy, Spain, Ireland...England, too, of course)
3) See my stepson win the Super Bowl...or become President, whichever comes first! :p
4) Learn to play the guitar (although I doubt this will happen, but who knows)
5) Learn to scuba dive (but I'd have to have one of the damn shark-sticks with me...)
6) At some point, win the Bram Stoker Award for Best Novel.
7) See my award-winning novel made into a movie!
8) Write a screenplay (maybe from my award-winning novel).
9) Party with Edward Lee until we're both stinking drunk. And then we crank-call Stephen King and make fart-noises on the phone to him.
10) Cure Shannon of her interminable snarkiness. (Kidding!)"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|