1. #1 Federal judge orders reunification of parents and children... 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    By Laura Jarrett, CNN
    Updated 12:25 AM ET, Wed June 27, 2018

(CNN)A federal judge in California late Tuesday ordered a halt to most family separations at the US border and the reunification of all families that have been separated in the first major rebuke to the Trump administration during ongoing furor over family separations at the border.

The court order specifically requires federal officials to stop detaining parents apart from their minor children, absent a determination the parent is unfit or the parent declines reunification; reunify all parents with their minor children who are under the age of 5 within 14 days and reunify all parents with their minor children age 5 and older within 30 days.

The order also mandates that officials provide parents contact with their children by phone within 10 days, if the parent is not already in contact with his or her child.

LINK
    May the FORCE be with you!

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    California? Shocking.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

That is coming a little late don't you think?
    Liberals! The real fascists.

Since ~90% of detained children were unaccompanied - came alone, with minor siblings, or with unrelated adults - this would be pretty empty, even if largely irrelevant.

It's the Ninth Circuit - it's not just the appeals court that is loaded with loons. Between a good number of existing vacancies and the ages of many judges in the Ninth, Trump could make a yuge improvement. If the Senate would get off their asses and do their damn job!
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

A federal judge in California late Tuesday ordered a halt to most family separations at the US border
    I'd love to see a Federal judge order the halt of illegal aliens crossing at the U.S. border. Is that too much to ask for?
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

81 children are in the care of Bethany Christian Services, which is one religious-based agency I do have issues with. They have a federal contract as does Samaritas (a Lutheran agency), who have a long history of working to resettle immigrant families and with whom I have no issues.

Bethany is making a lot of money off of this. I do not have a reliable figure, but I have heard rumors that they are getting paid around $700 a day, per kid. That's a lot of money, and I bet the foster parents are not getting much of it. The state pays foster parents about $20 per kid, per diem. Then they pay a private agency an administrative rate, which is usually around $40-50 per diem. That's for American foster kids who were removed from the parental home due to abuse or neglect. The foster parents get more if the child has special needs or serious behavioral issues, but the base rate is about $20.

Bethany has a reputation for forcing children to participate in religious activities, specifically fundamentalist protestant religious activities. I have observed this from a professional capacity with my own eyes. And they have financial ties to a cabinet secretary-Betsy DeVos. $700 a day per kid is a lot of money-I'm pretty sure that most of that money is not going to the foster parents to care for the child's needs. It's a federal issue, not a state one, but considering that the vast majority of the refugee children are Catholics, there is going to be a problem at some point. But no one should make a profit from foster care or adoption.

I guess there is a protest going on at Bethany's GR headquarters over this, plus the GLBT have joined in because Bethany doesn't approve gay couples for foster care or adoption. I wish they wouldn't muddle up the issue, because there are plenty of agencies in MI that will approve gay couples and we don't refer gay couples to Bethany.