1. #1 Justice Kennedy retires July 31st 
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...eat/952716001/

The Republicans MUST confirm this year. If the democrats win the Senate, the seat will go left or remain vacant otherwise.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/27/anth...eme-court.html

Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy will retire from the highest U.S. court, giving President Donald Trump another chance to fundamentally reshape the top of the judiciary.
    Yep, need Trump to pick another of his already researched judges and squash the predictable D obstruction.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Gorsuch was confirmed 54/45 with three vulnerable democrats concurring (Manchin West Virginia, Heitkamp North Dakota & Donnely Indiana). If Mitch McConnel steps up to the plate like he did stopping Garland and confirming Gorsuch there is no excuse to not getting this done in the next few months. Even McCain can't stop it. Manchin, Heitcamp and Donnely will be inundated with death threats from the left....a big plus in their re-election efforts if they don't cave.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...in-immediately

Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell said the Senate will vote on confirmation in the fall. Republicans have a 51-vote majority in the Senate with elections in early November that could change the make-up of the chamber.
    President Donald Trump said he will begin the search to replace retiring Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy immediately and plans to make a nomination “as quickly as possible.”

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Dems are going to do everything to drag this out past the elections. It's payback time for them and they are going to make sure they get their pound of flesh. Hell or high water.

TBH, I wouldn't expect a confirmation until next year. And you will see it done with the Nuke option again.
    Klaatu barada nikto

Jonah Goldberg gives me hope of the end of the US being pushed farther into the future than I had foreseen.

https://townhall.com/columnists/jona...lling-n2495520

Starting over a century ago, progressives began emphasizing ends over means. If the Supreme Court could deliver wins unattainable at the ballot box and unsupported by the Constitution, so be it. Thus was born the "living Constitution" -- the doctrine which holds that the magical parchment should mean whatever progressives need it to mean at any moment. This was how Anthony Kennedy became (an apparently temporary) gay-rights hero. After consulting his feelings, he found a Constitutional right no one had found in the text before.

It will still die a lingering death from self-important idealists who think they know better than the authors of the constitution.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Dems are going to do everything to drag this out past the elections. It's payback time for them and they are going to make sure they get their pound of flesh. Hell or high water.

TBH, I wouldn't expect a confirmation until next year. And you will see it done with the Nuke option again.
    Nothing they can do about it. If McConnell calls for a vote and hearings, it's going to happen. Also, if they let it drag out, as it stands conservatives have a 5-3 edge after Kennedy retires so no matter what, we have the majority. They can drag it out all they want.
    The American Left: Where everything is politics and politics is everything.