1. #1 RIP Harlan Ellison 
    “The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.”

Harlan Ellison, the prolific, pugnacious author of “A Boy and His Dog” and countless other stories that blasted society with their nightmarish, sometimes darkly humorous scenarios, has died at age 84

Another of my younger self’s influencers has gone.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

I sailed over to my local library to find and read a remembrance of Mr Ellison. They have none of his writings - anywhere. That is an unforgivable sin.

I may have to go to my paperback cache and do some digging.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    I'm not much of a reader other than my hobby things, but the Movie "A Boy and His Dog" with Don Johnson was a real hoot, never turn your back on a good dog heh

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Old White Man View Post
    I'm not much of a reader other than my hobby things, but the Movie "A Boy and His Dog" with Don Johnson was a real hoot, never turn your back on a good dog heh

When 50 Shades of Gray came out, I saw Dakota Johnson being interviewed on a news show. The interviewer asked her if she was embarrassed for her parents to see it and she said yes. I told my sister "She's obviously never seen A Boy And His Dog". LOL.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    When 50 Shades of Gray came out, I saw Dakota Johnson being interviewed on a news show. The interviewer asked her if she was embarrassed for her parents to see it and she said yes. I told my sister "She's obviously never seen A Boy And His Dog". LOL.
    It became a cult movie and my Brother which is an old hippy of the era saw it at a little theater in San Diego near Pacific Beach, it was a big hit with the locals, I think it was like a buck to see the matinee. Among similar great hits was Pulp Fiction, never ever liked Travolta but that was an exceptional movie with all the good actors together. One of the best soft family movies the past 30 years was A Home of Our Own, I love that line from the younger brother who told the old Junk Yard owner he wanted some of that stuff