Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Thanks for explaining why that Golden Corral is still in business, . I don't know whether Golden Corral is in California. I wonder if Michael Moore might have had a fork in Fresh Choice or Hometown Buffet going out of business.

My grandpa used to take me to a Chinese buffet in Traverse City called China Fair. Grandpa had a thing for Asian women and liked to go there and look at the pretty girls who worked there. I would guess that Moore eats there on a regular basis. There are some excellent restaurants for fine dining in the area, Grandpa took me to a few of those, too. But if there is a GC in the Traverse area, I'm guessing it's near the Great Wolf Lodge, which is near the mall.

Power CUer

I can't believe "The Blob" (My nickname for Moore) actually still thinks he's relevant. His last crockumentary, "Where to Invade Next," and his attempted Broadway show both bombed miserably ("Where to Invade Next" opened at 19th place in the box office). Here's hoping this film fails just as badly.

Quote Originally Posted by FourWinds View Post
    As for Moore, he's so transparent it's laughable. What he actually wants is to drive people into getting hurt/locked up so he can film it and cash in on another "documentary".
    Yep. For all his portraying George W. Bush as a "Draft Dodger" and Republicans as sending kids off to war, he's showing that he's the true "Chicken hawk" in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    He doesn't live in Flint. He lives in CA or somewhere Up North-I know he sold his mansion on Torch Lake, but I think he still has a place somewhere in the general Traverse City area.

You've probably been reading the news... Moore's Traverse City Film-festival is being sued for unpaid bills.

https://www.9and10news.com/2018/07/0...-unpaid-bills/

( funny how that one doesn't mention Moore's name in neither the text nor video )

http://www.record-eagle.com/news/loc...db49a60f9.html

“It became apparent the festival had overextended,” Cutler said. “The festival’s eyes were a bit bigger than their finances could handle, and we were the people left standing, holding an invoice.”

The festival operated at a loss for the first time last year, founder Michael Moore previously told the Record-Eagle. In an April 2018 email to Friends of the Film Festival, he wrote “We ran a rare deficit last year.”

Moore did not return multiple requests for comment and elaboration on those statements.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    You've probably been reading the news... Moore's Traverse City Film-festival is being sued for unpaid bills.

( funny how that one doesn't mention Moore's name in neither the text nor video )

“It became apparent the festival had overextended,” Cutler said. “The festival’s eyes were a bit bigger than their finances could handle, and we were the people left standing, holding an invoice.”

The festival operated at a loss for the first time last year, founder Michael Moore previously told the Record-Eagle. In an April 2018 email to Friends of the Film Festival, he wrote “We ran a rare deficit last year.”

Moore did not return multiple requests for comment and elaboration on those statements.
    Probably digesting enough grub to eat away at any potential profit.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Let’s put his body on the Transcontinental railroad line.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Let’s put his body on the Transcontinental railroad line.
    Would his carcass be big enough to cover it?
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Would his carcass be big enough to cover it?
    Probable derail the next train but WTH.....
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post

Moore is the founder of the festival. I don't know if he has a big role in it recently. It is a cool thing, though. They maintained the old downtown Traverse City theater and they show classic movies, too, mixed in with the indie kind of stuff you can also see at Sundance. Traverse City is a tourist area in the summer, lots of beaches, boating and a beautiful area. The area my Grandpa lived in used to be all cherry farms when I was kid, and is now wine country (the Old Mission Peninsula). It's worth a trip if you are in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    He doesn't live in Flint. He lives in CA or somewhere Up North-I know he sold his mansion on Torch Lake, but I think he still has a place somewhere in the general Traverse City area.

He was on Bill Maher Friday night saying pretty much the same thing.
    1. In fact, contrary to what Moore has bragged, he is not actually from Flint, either. He was born and raised in Davison, which is near Flint geographically, but the similarities end there. While Flint is a working- class town with a large minority population, Davison is an uber- wealthy, lily- white suburb whose residents are often the bosses of the working- class types who live in Flint. Moore just made up that he was from Flint so he could look more like an average joe standing up to those evil rich people.
    2. Michael Moore on Bill Maher? Those two men are odious enough individually, I really don't want to know what they're like together.