1. #1 Miracles do occur 
    All 12 boys and their football coach have been found alive after nine days missing in caves in Thailand, the regional governor says.
    All 13 are safe, the governor confirmed, speaking after a mammoth search operation in the Tham Luang caves in Chiang Rai.
    Rescuers had hoped they would find safety from flooding on a mound in an underground chamber.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44688909
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

It looks like they are going to get them out today. The Navy SEALS are there to lead the rescue, and I have a lot of confidence in their ability to get everyone out safely.

The 12 boys and their football coach were found alive on Monday and have received medical treatment and food.

Divers reached them nine days after they entered the caves in the north of the country and became trapped by rising waters caused by heavy rainfall.

More heavy rain could see water levels rise and threaten the air pocket where the group has taken refuge.

Attempts are being made to reduce the risk of this by pumping water from the underground system.

Professional divers are battling the difficult conditions to bring food and medicines to them, highlighting the complicated nature of any rescue.

A phone line is being installed so the boys can talk to their families.

Earlier, the Thai military said the boys would need to learn to dive - or wait months for flooding to recede before they could get out of the caves.

Food would need to be sent in for the next four months if the scuba-diving option was ruled out, the military added.

Courtesy BBC

At least four of a group of boys trapped inside a cave in northern Thailand for two weeks have been been brought out, say the Thai Navy Seals.
    Rescuers decided to go ahead with the hazardous operation on Sunday because of fears of rising waters.
    Divers are guiding the 12 boys and their coach through darkness and submerged passageways towards the mouth of the Tham Luang cave system.
    They are being rescued in groups. It is unclear how long the mission will take.
    However, it is moving much faster than officials had earlier predicted.
    “The fourth Wild Boar is out of the cave," said the Thai Navy Seals in a Facebook post, referring to the name of the boys' football team.
    They said they were out by 19:47 local time (12:47 GMT).
    The BBC's Dan Johnson, who is at the scene, said doctors went to assess the boys on Saturday and decided on a priority list, sending the weakest out first.

—————
    Rumors say the number is now six rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    At least four of a group of boys trapped inside a cave in northern Thailand for two weeks have been been brought out, say the Thai Navy Seals.
    Rescuers decided to go ahead with the hazardous operation on Sunday because of fears of rising waters.
    Divers are guiding the 12 boys and their coach through darkness and submerged passageways towards the mouth of the Tham Luang cave system.
    They are being rescued in groups. It is unclear how long the mission will take.
    However, it is moving much faster than officials had earlier predicted.
    “The fourth Wild Boar is out of the cave," said the Thai Navy Seals in a Facebook post, referring to the name of the boys' football team.
    They said they were out by 19:47 local time (12:47 GMT).
    The BBC's Dan Johnson, who is at the scene, said doctors went to assess the boys on Saturday and decided on a priority list, sending the weakest out first.

—————
    Rumors say the number is now six rescued.
    That's a miracle, especially good since the weakest got out first. So hopefully the other kids can get out soon.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

The number rescued was up to 8 right before I left for work.

here's an update of what has happened on the second day of the rescue mission.

Efforts resumed at 11:00 local time (04:00 GMT)* on Monday and involved "more personnel" than Sunday's effort. Thirteen foreign divers and five Thai Navy SEALS have been guiding the boys out of the cave system

A source has confirmed to the BBC that four additional boys have been brought out of the cave complex today

BBC teams have seen helicopters leaving the cave and ambulances arriving at the hospital in nearby Chiang Rai

The Thai Navy is yet to confirm the details of the rescues and a press conference is expected later

The first four boys rescued from the cave on Sunday are in hospital and reported to be in good health, but have not been named

They are being kept in isolation at the hospital to avoid the risk of infection

Heavy rains which occurred overnight added to fears for the boys' safety, but did not affect the water levels inside the cave, according to authorities

*10 pm CDT US

Everybody rescued, 4 personnel still in cavern!

Summary

All 12 members of a Thai youth football team and their coach have been brought safely out of the cave in northern Thailand

Eight boys rescued on Sunday and Monday are in hospital but have not been named and are being kept in quarantine

Each person was pulled through the cave by expert divers

A rescue doctor and three Navy Seals who stayed with the group are still to emerge

The 12 boys and their coach were trapped by floods more than two weeks ago
    Last edited by Retread; 07-10-2018 at 09:04 AM.