1. #1 'Teaching Handbook' preps profs to counter 'benevolent sexism' 
    A resource guide for professors at Western Washington University argues that there is a “dual nature of prejudice toward women,” counting adoration as “sexism.”

The WWU Teaching Handbook is “an online introduction to resources for teaching both at the University and via the online collective of materials related to best practices,” and was created by an ad hoc committee formed in 2011.

The Ambivalent Sexism Inventory, found in the Inclusive Teaching Toolkit section of the handbook, provides two definitions of sexism: "hostile sexism" involves “negative feelings toward women,” while "benevolent sexism" is a “knight-in-shining armor ideology that offers protection and affection to women who conform to traditional gender roles.”

The resource guide also provides a tool on “interrupting microaggressions” that teaches professors how to intervene when they believe they have witnessed a “microaggression.”
    If I ever see a lady who appears to need help changing a tire or may be being assaulted I will just continue by because I wouldn't want the lady to suffer a microaggresion from benevolent sexism

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=11095
    Last edited by Banacek; 07-05-2018 at 05:31 PM.
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Of course, it's better for a woman to get charged an arm and a leg for a tow truck to put on the spare tire, but it's wrong if a guy stops and does it for free?

I've gotten help from strangers with flats on many occasions. One time, I had a kid with me, a little girl. While I pulled the jack out of the trunk, I told her to stand there and look as helpless as she could. A guy pulled over within minutes. Another time, I was on I-96 on my way home from my mom's, in the part near Howell, where a woman my age had disappeared from the side of the road, with her car running, a few months before my flat. An Army guy (in uniform) stopped, and changed it. When I thanked him, he told me his mom was in the car and she saw me first.

They never did find the woman that disappeared, though. It's probably been 25-30 years since then.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Of course, it's better for a woman to get charged an arm and a leg for a tow truck to put on the spare tire, but it's wrong if a guy stops and does it for free?

I've gotten help from strangers with flats on many occasions. One time, I had a kid with me, a little girl. While I pulled the jack out of the trunk, I told her to stand there and look as helpless as she could. A guy pulled over within minutes. Another time, I was on I-96 on my way home from my mom's, in the part near Howell, where a woman my age had disappeared from the side of the road, with her car running, a few months before my flat. An Army guy (in uniform) stopped, and changed it. When I thanked him, he told me his mom was in the car and she saw me first.

They never did find the woman that disappeared, though. It's probably been 25-30 years since then.
    This whole thing is rampant silliness. It is simply called common decency. I hold doors open for people of either gender frequently. It isn't some perceived micro aggression. Same for helping with a flat tire. It isn't sexist by any stretch of the imagination.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender