1. #1 Germany's Air Force Is Dying a Slow Death 
    http://nationalinterest.org/blog/buz...ow-death-25157

resident Trump’s goal of Europe taking more responsibility for its own defense may come crashing to Earth.

Because if Germany’s most advanced fighters can't even fly, then how the U.S. drawback on its European military commitments without undermining the Western security alliance?

The German magazine Spiegel recently revealed that most of the Luftwaffe’s—the modern German air force’s—128 Eurofighter Typhoons are not flightworthy.

In fact, only about ten of the aircraft are ready for operations, Spiegel said. This raises doubts about Germany’s ability to meet its NATO defense commitments.
    “Put simply, all Eurofighters have a sensor on the wings that detects enemy jets or attacks and warns the pilot. About half a year ago, it was discovered that the pod is no longer properly cooled. Since it is central to the self-protection system and this must be active in all operational flights, the number of operational jets drops.

In addition, “although the technicians could replace the defective pods on the wings, they needed a specific spare part to seal the cooling circuit. However, this, according to the sobering response of the industry, is currently unavailable because the manufacturer has been sold.”
    There was a horrifying point in the late 70s when something like 25% of F-15s and 50% of F16s could not be flown, due to engine failures. But 90% not available for combat missions?
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

I don't agree that the state of Germany's Air Force should be a consideration.

Europe has been living off the United States for years. I suspect Germany had the money to attempt to correct the problem. Instead they spent the money on "migrants" assuming Uncle Sap would pick up the slack.

If I was Trump I'd just shrug my shoulders and say sorry, you figure it out.
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

This just confirms that Angela Merkel is the German version of Barack Hussein Obama:

1. Raised as a communist. CHECK

2. Flood the country with 3rd World immigrants. CHECK

3. Decimate your nations military. CHECK

How Close Was Merkel to the Communist System?

http://http://www.spiegel.de/interna...-a-899768.html

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Germans hate Americans, always have and always will since WWI, WWII just reinforced the hatred. They have the money to open their borders let them pay their own expenses. Did you see any of them helping in Kuwait or Afghanistan or any place in the world, NO... see my first sentence... and you will never see them help in any conflict in the future. Are they patrolling the Taiwan straight, NO, are they bombing ISIS NO ... case closed no money for the Luftwaffe

I really don't see how this is the problem of the U.S. to be frank. Germany allowed this to happen so this is a German problem that needs to be fixed by Germans. I get that it affects some readiness of the West, but to allow this to happen to your own Air Force is just disgusting. I say do what needs to be done and the Germans will figure out quickly how to fix their fighters.

It's our problem when Germany lives under NATO protection but doesn't pull their own weight in the alliance.

Sensational Air Force rocker from 1974, set-up by a satirical German Air Minister's scheme to purchase US F-104's:

Quote Originally Posted by old dog View Post
    It's our problem when Germany lives under NATO protection but doesn't pull their own weight in the alliance.
    Yeah but instead of covering down it sounds like they need a hard boot in the ass.

They actually are part of the NATO contingent in Afghanistan, the just have to work under even more restrictive ROE than us.

As far as the part is concerned, I don't know how Germany or the EU handles it, but in the US everything is part of the Government's tech data package and if the original maker is tits up we just get another manufacturer to bid and crank them out.