Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1 Obama, Don't Drill Decrats To America: Don't Drive. Shut Up, Sweat In Your Dark House 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Obama and The Don't Drill Democrats To America: Don't Drive. Just Shut Up and Sweat In Your Dark House.

    When Barack Obama told a Pennsylvania audience this past weekend that ''We can't drill our way out of this,'' he was repeating the same line that Nancy Pelosi used days earlier and that Harry Reid used on Wednesday. The Big Three Democrats are thus all agreed that their party has given up on bringing down the cost of oil and thus the cost of gas at the pump. (Snip) the only way to bring the cost of a gallon of gas at the pump down is to increase the supply of oil.

    "Ah the smell of Hoppe's #9...makes one wild for....things! "

    http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/H...&comments=true

    Comments:...For a sense of the mood in FreeperVille !

    The socialist Democrats seem to be operating under a very basic rule: the more burdened the people are, the easier they are to hold under your thumb. And the oil leases that the Democrats keep mentioning as a talking point (XX million acres) are not proven reserves. Where Cuba is selling leases IS.
    .................................................. ..............................................
    As usual the blockhead liberals Democrats have it exactly backwards.The only way out is to drill,drill,drill and build more refinery's and Nuclear power plants,many more American refinery's and Nuclear power plants !
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    They seem to be against anything that common sense people are for.Lefty idiots.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, Democrats, if you'd have allowed drilling X years ago, we'd be getting the benefit now. If you allow it now, we'll get it in the future.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Don't drive. Dark houses. Jimmy Carter redux?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Don't forget the corollary: You sit and sweat in the dark, while we, your ever-so-caring betters, bask in the rewards of our wisdom, heating and cooling and lighting our 20-room houses, and driving and jetting hither and yon as the fancy strikes us. It's all for the Earth, don'tcha know. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Y'know, I think we've suddenly been given the one issue that will prove once and for all if America has gone TOTALLY pudding-brained. If we put that IDIOT Obama into the White House when faced with the "drill/don't drill" choice, then our skulls ARE filled with tapioca.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You know how your eyes can play tricks on you? When I read the first line, what I 'saw' was: "When Barack Obama told a Pennsylvania audience this past weekend that 'We can't drill our way out of this,' he was repeating the same LIE that Nancy Pelosi used days earlier and that Harry Reid used on Wednesday."

    Wudda been more accurate to have been written that way!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Remember when the dims were criticizing Bush because he wasn't asking the Americans to really "sacrifice" in the WOT?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Drill USA or Drill Congress.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The left's agenda calls for Americans to be poorer. Remember that Bill Clinton and the u.n. keep saying that Americans' lifestyles aren't sustainable. It's only sustainable for VIPs and electeds, not for us serfs.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    First, the announcement by the U.S. of an immediate move to begin outer continental shelf drilling would send oil prices downward and probably significantly as the speculators' premium vanished quickly. No one wants to get caught holding the contract for high priced oil when new reserves are discovered.
    Exactly !!!!
    Drill Here, Drill Now, Save Now!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We would not be in this mess if the Dem dorks like my sen. carl levin would not have up held our X inpeached pres clinton's veto of the drilling back in 95. We would be pumping 1+ mil of our oil today. Thes are the same dorks who are saying we can't drill our way out today. What is the time frame for what these dorks want, 10 15 20 years. None of these dorks will tell us.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    'Can't drill our way out of it.' An obviously faxed or e-mailed dem talking point. The dems all seem to be saying it, following Nancy and Harry's dictum. Bill Nelson in FL said it yesterday, along with some other dumb things he usually says. That seems to be their only answer, other than spitting into the wind about other far-fetched down-the-road energy alternatives. These people are nuts, and dangerous.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We're drilling for the 'chillrun'. Who could be against that?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The don't drill democraps are doing one thing. Ensuring a huge defeat for themselves and their party come November.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It occured to me yesterday, as I was watching the Dems on TV pontificate about us using less energy, that it would be interesting to do the same kind of check on each Democrat opposing drilling as was done on Al Gore. Gore is the king of Hypocrites. So is Pelosi. I wonder how much energy their Million dollar homes use. I would like to know exactly what kind of cars are OWNED by these hypocrites. I would like to know if they travel in THEIR Private Jets, or a Charted Private Jet. I think we could shut them down if this information was PUBLISHED. How about Dodd, Kennedy, Conrad, Feinstein and the rest of the Elites, lets take an in depth look at THEIR lifestyles. My guess is they use WAY more energy than any of us could ever imagine.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If every single Republican doesn't beat this issue like a gong--not a drum, not loud enough--they deserve whatever they get. That would be no votes.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Drilling NOW is a winning issue that I hope the Republicans are smart enough to saddle up on and ride to the white house and congress.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am ashamed that my beloved state of Michigan has become the laughing stock of the country due to the so called leadership and scandals of Granholm, Levin, Stebanow, and Kilpatrick. Disgusting behavior from the holier than thou Democrats. Pelosi should take a good look at that culture of corruption.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dimwits "The Party of Losers" Yes We Can,Drill our way out of this

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    It is the basis of a totalitarian regime. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The Demonrats want to tax our way out of this crisis. Good luck with that.
    Republican and smart in the same sentence?
    They are already blowing this golden opportunity. McCain needs to reverse his opposition to also drilling in ANWAR.
    The republicans need to press conference this issue everyday and they are not.
    We CAN drill our way out of this crisis. Oil companies will own the oil from increased domestic drilling and will bring that increase to the market at a fair and lower price than they would by having to pay Saudi Arabia and others for the going rate of oil.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    'the only way to bring the cost of a gallon of gas at the pump down is to increase the supply of oil' Well, there is another, major way: stop the falling dollar! Eliminate the Federal Reserve Bank money cartel.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    noonwitch
    Guest
    In the long run, they have a point about not drilling our way out of the problem. Drilling for new oil deposits is only a temporary solution, when the long term solution is to find viable alternatives to oil for fuel.

    I'm not opposed to drilling, necessarily, but the long term strategy regarding energy has to be about something beyond oil. But there aren't any oil deposits in my back yard, and I would have a problem if it was discovered under the Great Lakes and the oil companies wanted to start drilling in Lake Michigan, so I can understand Florida and California's resistance to drilling off their coasts.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,770
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    In the long run, they have a point about not drilling our way out of the problem. Drilling for new oil deposits is only a temporary solution, when the long term solution is to find viable alternatives to oil for fuel.

    I'm not opposed to drilling, necessarily, but the long term strategy regarding energy has to be about something beyond oil. But there aren't any oil deposits in my back yard, and I would have a problem if it was discovered under the Great Lakes and the oil companies wanted to start drilling in Lake Michigan, so I can understand Florida and California's resistance to drilling off their coasts.
    Couldn't have said it better

    Although I'm still in favor of drilling in the U.S. I agree that it won't do it alone.

    Drilling and technology together will end our dependancy on foriegn oil. Then the middle east will once again be sand and nomads..nothing more.
    Last edited by Molon Labe; 06-19-2008 at 02:32 PM.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    In the long run, they have a point about not drilling our way out of the problem. Drilling for new oil deposits is only a temporary solution, when the long term solution is to find viable alternatives to oil for fuel.

    I'm not opposed to drilling, necessarily, but the long term strategy regarding energy has to be about something beyond oil. But there aren't any oil deposits in my back yard, and I would have a problem if it was discovered under the Great Lakes and the oil companies wanted to start drilling in Lake Michigan, so I can understand Florida and California's resistance to drilling off their coasts.
    If you do not want drilling in your back yard, please tell me why should drilling continue in my back yard in Louisiana? People like you are so stupid because you can not answer my question. BTW, offshore drilling is safe and there has never been a major spill. You want to talk about the environment. The best fishing in the world is in the Gulf of Mexico and fish congregate around the abandoned rigs. Here is another fact for you; 35% of the seafood consumed comes from the Gulf of Mexico. How much comes out of the Great Lakes. Very small #'s compared to the Gulf.

    For those that don't want drilling in their back yard, I say fuck you, and hope gas goes up to $10 a gal for your stupid ass.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sonora, Texas
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    In the long run, they have a point about not drilling our way out of the problem. Drilling for new oil deposits is only a temporary solution, when the long term solution is to find viable alternatives to oil for fuel.

    I'm not opposed to drilling, necessarily, but the long term strategy regarding energy has to be about something beyond oil. But there aren't any oil deposits in my back yard, and I would have a problem if it was discovered under the Great Lakes and the oil companies wanted to start drilling in Lake Michigan, so I can understand Florida and California's resistance to drilling off their coasts.
    The "viable alternative" has to meet several criteria. It has to be CHEAPER than oil bases fuels. It has to be as convenient as oil based fuels. Running an electric car for 2 hours and having to charge it for 8 is completely unrealisting in rural areas where small towns are usually surrounding a larger city and folks drive to the larger city for shopping and stuff. Commuting in large urban areas would probably a hassle. The electric car that GM was marketing a few years ago died because it was not convenient. No one is going to clamor for something that is going to be a hassle when more convenient petroleum powered cars are around.

    And the government "mandating" that it be so will only breed rancor and contempt toward that "viable alternative." Now some people mention replacement fuels. Okay, we use millions of barrels a day of gasoline. Where is the replacement fuel? What is this "replacement fuel" going to be? Who is going to manufacture it and how will millions of gallons of this be manufactured, packaged and distributed for less than current fuels? Who is going to sink R&D money into this product and then not recoup their investment because they will have to sell it for to low a price?

    You know what alternative fuels are? An exercise in liberal stupidity. The only viable alternative is to go nuclear for powering all homes. Use cleaner burning coal for manufacturing when possible and try to use oil based fuels as exclusively for transportation as possible.

    An answer to my above questions on "viable alternatives" require an answer before bringing this stupid subject up again.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    The "viable alternative" has to meet several criteria. It has to be CHEAPER than oil bases fuels. It has to be as convenient as oil based fuels. Running an electric car for 2 hours and having to charge it for 8 is completely unrealisting in rural areas where small towns are usually surrounding a larger city and folks drive to the larger city for shopping and stuff. Commuting in large urban areas would probably a hassle. The electric car that GM was marketing a few years ago died because it was not convenient. No one is going to clamor for something that is going to be a hassle when more convenient petroleum powered cars are around.

    And the government "mandating" that it be so will only breed rancor and contempt toward that "viable alternative." Now some people mention replacement fuels. Okay, we use millions of barrels a day of gasoline. Where is the replacement fuel? What is this "replacement fuel" going to be? Who is going to manufacture it and how will millions of gallons of this be manufactured, packaged and distributed for less than current fuels? Who is going to sink R&D money into this product and then not recoup their investment because they will have to sell it for to low a price?

    You know what alternative fuels are? An exercise in liberal stupidity. The only viable alternative is to go nuclear for powering all homes. Use cleaner burning coal for manufacturing when possible and try to use oil based fuels as exclusively for transportation as possible.

    An answer to my above questions on "viable alternatives" require an answer before bringing this stupid subject up again.
    That makes too much sense to ignorant people that don't know their ass from the hole in the ground about energy and the safety precautions that the US oil companies have initiated.

    A great deal of the natural gas that comes from the Gulf of Mexico passes thru Louisiana up to the Midwest. Several days ago, the largest gas field ever found in the US was located south of Shreveport LA. I assume that those that don't want exploration in their back yard want us to send them natural gas from our backyard. .
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    noonwitch
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    If you do not want drilling in your back yard, please tell me why should drilling continue in my back yard in Louisiana? People like you are so stupid because you can not answer my question. BTW, offshore drilling is safe and there has never been a major spill. You want to talk about the environment. The best fishing in the world is in the Gulf of Mexico and fish congregate around the abandoned rigs. Here is another fact for you; 35% of the seafood consumed comes from the Gulf of Mexico. How much comes out of the Great Lakes. Very small #'s compared to the Gulf.

    For those that don't want drilling in their back yard, I say fuck you, and hope gas goes up to $10 a gal for your stupid ass.

    I will answer your question, and I will do so without insulting you in the process. Whether I want oil drilling in my backyard or in the Great Lakes is a moot point, because as far as science has discovered thus far, there are no oil deposits in either place. I was just saying I understood why some states are hesitatant to drill off their coastlines-it's not about any specifics, I just support the right of each state to decide for themselves if they want the drilling off their coastline.

    As far as seafood from the Great Lakes, being a woman of child-bearing years (barely), I've been advised not to eat Great Lakes fish more than once or twice a quarter. Not because of oil, obviously, but because of mercury levels from other kinds of pollution. People aren't eating Great Lakes fish like they used to for that reason, although as a kid, we used to eat perch, trout and salmon that dad fished out of the lakes.

    I do think that in lakes like ours, oil rigs would look pretty ugly-there's only so far from land you can go in a body of water that is only 30 miles across.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sonora, Texas
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I do think that in lakes like ours, oil rigs would look pretty ugly-there's only so far from land you can go in a body of water that is only 30 miles across.
    I think that 3 digits in the price for a gallon of gas with the first digit being a 4 looks much uglier.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Patent Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,784
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I will answer your question, and I will do so without insulting you in the process. Whether I want oil drilling in my backyard or in the Great Lakes is a moot point, because as far as science has discovered thus far, there are no oil deposits in either place.
    The Michigan house and senate have laws prohibiting the drilling for oil and natural gas in the Great Lakes. All of the Great Lakes border states have similar laws.

    There are oil reserves under the Great Lakes. Canada is already operating some, so is Michigan. The environmentalist movement is so strong in Michigan, however, that further production has been all but forgotten.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I will answer your question, and I will do so without insulting you in the process. Whether I want oil drilling in my backyard or in the Great Lakes is a moot point, because as far as science has discovered thus far, there are no oil deposits in either place. I was just saying I understood why some states are hesitatant to drill off their coastlines-it's not about any specifics, I just support the right of each state to decide for themselves if they want the drilling off their coastline.

    As far as seafood from the Great Lakes, being a woman of child-bearing years (barely), I've been advised not to eat Great Lakes fish more than once or twice a quarter. Not because of oil, obviously, but because of mercury levels from other kinds of pollution. People aren't eating Great Lakes fish like they used to for that reason, although as a kid, we used to eat perch, trout and salmon that dad fished out of the lakes.

    I do think that in lakes like ours, oil rigs would look pretty ugly-there's only so far from land you can go in a body of water that is only 30 miles across.
    That's not an answer; that is a cop out. Once again, what is so special about drilling off the east or west coast in comparison to the Gulf of Mexico? You can not answer the question so you come out with bull shit; it should be up to the states. FYI, it's not up to the states. The Federal Government has passed laws that prohibit states on the east and west coast from drilling. I guess you are too stupid to realize that.

    First, you say that you would have a problem with oil companies drilling in the Great Lakes and then you say there is no oil there. What kind of double talk is that?

    I bet if the lights went out and gasoline stopped flowing into your state, you would look at every aspect of how to produce your own energy. Right. Even it meant those ugly looking rigs. Your comment about a rig sounds like Kennedy because he did not want to see one of those windmills while he was sailing 20 miles off the coast.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 06-19-2008 at 06:36 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •