1. #1 The SCOTUS is lost for a generation. The only remedy is... 
    link

Yavin4 (25,821 posts)

The SCOTUS is lost for a generation. The only remedy is...

becoming a dominant, progressive political party at all levels of government for decades to come. It's not just about this year's mid terms, but every single election across the country. We can no longer afford to write off red states. The Democratic party needs to develop local talent at all levels that can relate to and win elections in those locations. We have to work extra hard to get money out of politics. We have to put forward a progressive message that resonates with voters and gets them out to the polls.

The Democrats need to learn how unions built political power in this country. They did it through service. The party needs to become a service organization. Help people deal with their every day problems and soon they will see you more than just a political party. They will see you as a force for positive change.
    roamer65 (14,279 posts)

1. Time to increase the size of the court.

13 justices.

Lucky Luciano (8,427 posts)

3. I've been pushing that sort of thing. Getting it to 11 is enough for me.

It gets revenge for Garland and this pick that never should have happened. Any pick by fuckface must be neutered. They are illegitimate.
    Takket (6,061 posts)

7. dumb question but.............

why doesn't the GOP just do that?
    Varaddem (57 posts)

8. It's already

A joke to anyone who wants justice. Just going on memory here but Clarence Thomas not recusing himself, Alito not recusing himself with Stocks, and plagiarism by Gorsuch Haven’t they already lost all credibility ? They don’t believe in voting rights. How many of these POS is would you want to be in business with?
    johnnyrocket (1,691 posts)

11. Three words: pack the court.

add 2 or 4 more justices when dems control congress/POTUS.

Simple. Rack 'em and stack 'em.
    standingtall (1,459 posts)

12. I think 2 to 4 is not enough

we need to add about 6 to 10. You have to figure if we do this once republicans are back in power they are going to stack over what we've done. So we will have to do what we can to keep republicans out of power for as long as possible. We would have to be ready to hit the ground running with legislation that will help people as well as help people vote and we will need these things to go into immediately not years later.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    And I think it is the greatest thing in the latter part of my life to see these fools suffer, I don't know where they all came from, I have no idea who brain washed so many . I am thrilled to see sensibility come back to America while these morons all burn down, they will eventually all go to where ever it is that failures go to.

Libs need to really think about the fact that RBG will be shuffling off her mortal coil in the foreseeable future and Trump will get another pick. She should have retired when Obama was in office.
    Liberals! The real fascists.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Libs need to really think about the fact that RBG will be shuffling off her mortal coil in the foreseeable future and Trump will get another pick. She should have retired when Obama was in office.
    True, but I'm so glad she didn't.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    She should have retired when Obama was in office.

Well they thought Hillary was a shoe in so...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Well they thought Hillary was a shoe in ...
    ... but got the boot!
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

I don't know where they're getting this 'Pack the Court' scheme, but they didn't get it the last time they tried it, though with FDR and the Dems in a very dominant political position, it did scare the Court into rubberstamping the destruction of State authority and the ability of the Feds to do and regulate virtually everything under the Commerce Clause. The worst part of the Dem Party would have to be in an overwhelming political position in Congress to do this, and that really isn't in the immediate cards.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    I don't know where they're getting this 'Pack the Court' scheme, but they didn't get it the last time they tried it, though with FDR and the Dems in a very dominant political position, it did scare the Court into rubberstamping the destruction of State authority and the ability of the Feds to do and regulate virtually everything under the Commerce Clause. The worst part of the Dem Party would have to be in an overwhelming political position in Congress to do this, and that really isn't in the immediate cards.
    And therein lies the single most important item to return to the floor of the court. The illegal expansion of the commerce clause has led to more evil than can be listed.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault