1. #1 How The Mueller Probe Could Derail Kavanaugh's Confirmation 
    link

They are positive that Mueller will save them.

babylonsister (157,614 posts)
    How The Mueller Probe Could Derail Kavanaugh's Confirmation

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/07...firmation.html

Posted on Tue, Jul 10th, 2018 by Leo Vidal
    How The Mueller Probe Could Derail Kavanaugh’s Confirmation

snip//

There are two reasons the existence of Mueller’s investigation into Donald Trump may force the Senate to put Kavanaugh’s nomination hearings on hold:

The belief that a president under criminal investigation should not be allowed to appoint someone to the Supreme Court, and Kavanaugh’s former writings that express his views that a sitting president cannot be charged with crimes.
    Ever since Anthony Kennedy announced his retirement from the U.S. Supreme Court, Sen. Cory Booker has said that there should be no vote on any Trump Supreme Court nominee until after the criminal investigation into Donald Trump ends. As Booker pointed out last month:

“If a president is the subject of a criminal investigation, as Donald Trump is, they can’t be expected to make a fair and reasonable nomination to the Supreme Court. Trump is compromised by the fact that issues that could arise associated with the investigation would be resolved by the Supreme Court.”
    On June 29, Booker told Rachel Maddow that “constitutional questions about Trump being indicted would be fair game if Senate Republicans hold Supreme Court nominee confirmation hearings.”

And last night, after Trump announced Kavanaugh as his pick for the Supreme Court, Booker was very outspoken about the key issues that he sees coming out during Kavanaugh’s confirmation process, and why he should not be confirmed.

“I’ve been saying emphatically before this and now with even stronger voice that we as the United States Senate, forget partisanship or what have you, to avoid a constitutional crisis, we cannot let this confirmation process go forward. Especially now that we have someone who has clearly said that they have a strong opinion should any of those issues come before the Supreme Court.”
    snip//

In January, Senator Booker and California Senator Kamala Harris were both appointed to the Senate Judiciary Committee where Kavanaugh has to go for confirmation. With those two outspoken progressive Democrats on the panel, there is no chance that any questions about Donald Trump’s potential indictments — or about Brett Kavanaugh’s view on those indictments — will be left unasked.
    Achilleaze (9,218 posts)

1. I've got a feeling that republican misleader Dirty Donny* really mucked up with this nomination

...and that he is leading his submissive republican gang of grifters deep deep deep into the moral cesspool that is Latter Day KGOP republicanism.

This is going to get sticky, folks, very sticky.

* aka republican Draft-Dodger-in-Chief
    wryter2000 (35,962 posts)

9. Interesting

I tend to agree.
    panader0 (17,495 posts)

2. And the pressure continues to grow for Mueller.

C'mon Bob---throw us a bone.
    Iliyah (14,528 posts)

3. Well majority of the world and the USA thinks that

the Republican party is now a criminal cult.
    samnsara (5,135 posts)

4. we need to hurry and dig up some dirt on this guy...

...everyones got a few secrets
    standingtall (1,466 posts)

8. You actually think finding dirt is going to matter to republicans?

They rally around pedophiles. So what kind of dirt could there possibly be that could get a republican Senator to change their vote?
    We've seen how the left lies when it suits them. And we've seen how they don't care when their politician does the same kind of thing they are accusing the Republican of.

CincyDem (3,202 posts)

5. Those questions should and will be asked. And with the evasiveness of a snake..

...Kavanaugh will smile and explain that he can't possibly comment on hypotheticals that may or may not come before the court.

The good news is that Trump doesn't have to convince Kavanaugh to protect him from prosecution. That's a given and, from what we now know about Kennedy - he was likely a given too. Trump now has to support Roberts who is the ideologically middle justice. For my money, knowing that I had kennedy in my pocket, I'm not so sure I would have been so quick to push him out.

That assumes, however, that someone doesn't have a tape of Roberts with a donkey. Wonder if he's ever been to Russia ?
    inwiththenew (478 posts)

6. Mueller better do something quick

Because it becomes significantly more difficult to remove him once he's confirmed and that will likely happen in the next 2-3 months.
    standingtall (1,466 posts)

7. There is nothing Mueller can do to derail Kavanaugh's confirmation

every scenario we could think of would have to involve republicans doing what is right for the country. Republicans only care about hoarding power. The only possible way we are going to derail this nomination is if all Democrats stick together in opposition putting pressure on pro-choice republicans.
    To liberals "doing what is right for the country" MEANS doing what pushes forward the liberal agenda.

That's NOT why President Trump was elected.

BTW, Clinton was under Justice Department investigation - Whitewater - when he nominated Stephen Breyer. Kenneth Starr was appointed to take over that investigation shortly after Breyer was confirmed. So this theory, unsurprisingly, is contrary to recent history. Not to mention having zero basis in the US Constitution.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Iliyah (14,528 posts)

3. Well majority of the world and the USA thinks that

the Republican party is now a criminal cult.

Really DUmmie??? And exactly where is the
    proof of that claim except in your sick, hate filled
    excuse of a mind???

Moron.
    May the FORCE be with you!