1. #1 Academy Sports manager fired weeks after intercepting gun thief suspect 
    A sporting goods store employee, who last month helped catch a suspect allegedly trying to swipe a weapon, was suspended and later lost his job at the Florida business following the incident, his lawyer said.

Dean Crouch, 32, was working at the Academy Sports store in Tallahassee on June 29 when robbery suspect Jason White allegedly tried to steal a gun, the Tallahassee Democrat reported.

After White reportedly tried to flee with the stolen firearm he’d requested to see, Crouch stepped in and ultimately detained him.

Crouch, an assistant manager at the store, was nearby when the incident occurred and heard employees yelling "stop that guy," his attorney, Ryan Hobbs, told Fox News. While police made their way to the scene, the suspect was relocated to an office at the business, he said.

Hobbs said the suspect had attempted to make off with a .40 caliber handgun and matching ammunition
    Further Down

A representative for Academy Sports did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment. But company spokeswoman Elise Hasbrook told the Democrat that Academy’s treatment of the former employee’s conduct, as well as his eventual firing, complied with company policy
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/11...wyer-says.html
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Many stores have policies forbidding employees from confronting or pursuing shoplifters. They believe it's safer for employees.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Many stores have policies forbidding employees from confronting or pursuing shoplifters. They believe it's safer for employees.
    However, firing people for doing the right thing encourages inaction from employees and has to be seen as a softer target for would-be crooks. I know it's all about possible lawsuits and other legal/insurance concerns. Of course legal/insurance concerns are prime ingredients in about 2/3rds of our problems as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd-try View Post
    However, firing people for doing the right thing encourages inaction from employees and has to be seen as a softer target for would-be crooks. I know it's all about possible lawsuits and other legal/insurance concerns. Of course legal/insurance concerns are prime ingredients in about 2/3rds of our problems as it is.
    One word "lawyers" is the problem
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

“The head of Academy Sports & Outdoors stores spoke with Mr. Crouch and offered him his job back. And Mr. Crouch accepted,” said Crouch's lawyer, Ryan Hobbs.

Crouch’s firing drew national attention with many criticizing Academy’s actions while lauding the 32-year-old as a hero fired for doing the right thing. Expressions of support and job offers have been flowing in from around the country.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi