1. #1 Chrysler shuts down all production 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Chrysler LLC announced late Wednesday that it is stopping all vehicle production in the United States for at least a month.

All 30 of the carmaker's plants will close after the last shift on Friday, and employees will not be asked to return to work before Jan. 19.

Chrysler blamed the "continued lack of consumer credit for the American car buyer" for the slow-down in sales that forced the move.

The company ordinarily shuts down operations between Dec. 24 and Jan. 5. This closure would add roughly two weeks to that shutdown.

LINK
    May the FORCE be with you!

But amazingly enough I heard of Fox News that the UAW employees were getting 95% of their pay.

Ain't that sweet??

Quote Originally Posted by sgrooms View Post
    But amazingly enough I heard of Fox News that the UAW employees were getting 95% of their pay.

Ain't that sweet??
    Of course...
    The workers deserve to get paid for not working. It's in their contract.
    It's not the worker's fault that people can't afford their cars without going into hock up to their eyeballs...
    Secular militants, not Christian conservatives, currently strive to transform America in a way our founders would neither recognize nor approve.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar

Ain't that sweet??
    What a load of bull, it's a wonder they have layoffs at all considering these
    people get almost their entire salary. I had never heard of this before and
    I'm sure the UAW wanted it that way. Why in Gods name Mgt. agreed to
    these moronic terms in the first place I'll never understand.
    May the FORCE be with you!

See this comment for an explanitation of how they get to the 95%...
    http://www.conservativeunderground.c...3&postcount=25
    Secular militants, not Christian conservatives, currently strive to transform America in a way our founders would neither recognize nor approve.

You know, it's probably a good thing that consumers ease back on the over use of credit, and get out of the deep debt that the average family is stuck in. It might also be good to make it a little less easier to come by the large amounts of credit that can damage a families finances. Yet we're being told by these companies, and by the government that the whole financial house of cards will come crashing down if we do that. That's total BS.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    What a load of bull, it's a wonder they have layoffs at all considering these
    people get almost their entire salary. I had never heard of this before and
    I'm sure the UAW wanted it that way. Why in Gods name Mgt. agreed to
    these moronic terms in the first place I'll never understand.
    My guess is that when management agreed to those terms, the American automakers enjoyed quite the dominance in the marketplace. Who would have thought that countries like Japan and Korea would ever be able to challenge us, hell their countries were devasted during two wars and American cars reigned supreme. Things changed a little bit.

PATRIOT RESISTANCE, SAMUEL ADAMS HEADQUARTERS

Ain't that sweet??

Seems like good reasons not to work or get laid-off.

I would have filed for Bankruptcy back then. If this proposal was put to me by the Union.
    Last edited by THE RESISTANCE; 12-18-2008 at 10:22 PM.
    "When governments boot is on your throat, whether it is the left boot or the right boot is of little consequence." Gary Lloyd

"The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resist it." John Hay

" As governments grinds us on towards Tyranny in each Intolerable Act, Tea Party members the winds of LIBERTY is the howl in your ears, echoing to the depths of your soul, MARCH IN THE STREETS! RALLY FOR LIBERTY! REBEL!" J Richard Gosnell

Quote Originally Posted by THE RESISTANCE View Post
    Seems like good reasons not to work or get laid-off.

I would have filed for Bankruptcy back then. If this proposal was put to me by the Union.
    Oh it's in their contract - it wasn't a proposal. But you're right - they should go bankrupt and ford and GM should too.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    My guess is that when management agreed to those terms, the American automakers enjoyed quite the dominance in the marketplace. Who would have thought that countries like Japan and Korea would ever be able to challenge us, hell their countries were devasted during two wars and American cars reigned supreme. Things changed a little bit.
    That would have been during the late 60's/early 70's. By the mid 80's, Chrysler had already sought one bailout and Ford was hurting. That gave the big three close to thirty years to see this coming and renegotiate with the unions. Ford, to be fair, has tried to do just that, and didn't take any bailout money. GM and Chrysler took a swig off of the public teat and now they're locked into whatever congress and the administration feel like imposing on them. Bad deal for them, bad deal for the taxpayers, bad deal for the unions (in the long term). The real question is whether Ford will be able to survive the collapse of the other two US automakers, since they share a pool of parts manufacturers and distributors which may also go under.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!