Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 WSJ: Tesla Asks Suppliers for Cash to Stay Afloat 
    Electric car manufacturer Tesla has asked suppliers to simply give it money back in order for the company to stay afloat According to the Wall Street Journal, a Tesla memo calls the payments “essential to Tesla’s continued operation.”

The Wall Street Journal reports that Tesla has asked some of its suppliers to refund the electric car company money that it previously used to purchase parts and supplies for vehicle production. According to a leaked memo, the company is requesting money back from suppliers to help the car company become profitable, as if this is the responsibility of the company’s suppliers. The company reportedly asked suppliers to return a “meaningful amount of money” from the companies payments since 2016.

The memo was sent by a Tesla global supply manager and described the monetary request as “essential to Tesla’s continued operation,” and “characterized it as an investment in the car company” according to the Journal. Tesla declined to comment on the memo, but did confirm that they have been seeking price reductions from suppliers for their recent projects.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/...o-stay-afloat/
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Another planned theft by a few liberal idiots who think the world can drive an electric car, then on top of that pay thousands of dollars more for a house with the solar panel crap on the roof and another attached building just to hold the overpriced cheap ass chinese batteries that will be a major part of the rip off. They're all in the loop and have stolen so much money from the taxpayer they should all be hung. If people wanted a piece of crap electric car they would all sell their souls to the devil and rush out and buy one or two depending how many in the family. My old 82 Truck made a funny noise as I read the article aloud

Tesla is like Solyndra, except that governments - Federal and state - kept it afloat, with help from idealists who shelled out for image over substance. Perhaps this story is related to the story in the OP.

Governments! NEED! To! PULL! Tesla's! PLUG!!!!
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Tesla....can we call it the Edsel of the 21st century? Well, let's see...

Edsel is an automobile marque that was planned, developed, and manufactured by the Ford Motor Company for model years 1958–1960. With the Edsel, Ford had expected to make significant inroads into the market share of both General Motors and Chrysler and close the gap between itself and GM in the domestic American automotive market. Ford invested heavily in a yearlong teaser campaign leading consumers to believe that the Edsel was the car of the future – an expectation it failed to meet. After it was unveiled to the public, it was considered to be unattractive, overpriced, and overhyped. The Edsel never gained popularity with contemporary American car buyers and sold poorly. The Ford Motor Company lost $250 million on the Edsel's development, manufacturing, and marketing.

The very name "Edsel" became a popular symbol for a commercial failure.
    LINK

Why, yes, I think we can.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Tesla....can we call it the Edsel of the 21st century? Well, let's see...

LINK

Why, yes, I think we can.
    Except for one big difference. Musk won’t lose a dollar but the taxpayers will lose billions.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I see a Tesla on the road once in a Blue Moon.

When we did live in Sarasota the city and a small
    surrounding area had charging stations but the
    number was tiny. How were you supposed to drive
    anywhere a good distance away??

Oh yeah, in your Libtard, gas powered, Volvo.

We did, for a very short time, have a Ford C-Max.
    What a POS, we dumped it fast.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Of course “The Woodlands” has an ‘exclusive’ Tesla non-dealership with several of the $100,000 class and above. I haven’t seen one on the street yet.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

They are all over southern California. Not sure if Tesla offers leases or if they are outright purchases

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Too bad hillary didn't get elected, she would toss them another hundred million if they pay her old man 500,000 to come and mumble a few words before the sheeples.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Except for one big difference. Musk won’t lose a dollar but the taxpayers will lose billions.
    Yeppers. Solyndra will be looking like peanuts, comparatively.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I see a Tesla on the road once in a Blue Moon.

When we did live in Sarasota the city and a small
    surrounding area had charging stations but the
    number was tiny. How were you supposed to drive
    anywhere a good distance away??

Oh yeah, in your Libtard, gas powered, Volvo.

We did, for a very short time, have a Ford C-Max.
    What a POS, we dumped it fast.
    Living in the Bay Area, where there's lots of idealistic ... with lots of $$ from which they can be easily parted, and where Tesla's are manufactured, I see Teslas frequently. Also Chevy Volts and Bolts as well as Nissan Leafs. When I see one of the POSes I see $7500 (or whatever it is) in Federal subsidy, plus state and local tax breaks and perks. IOW, I see parasites-with-wheels.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!