Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1 Report: Gloucester Teens Had Pact To Get Pregnant 
    Senior Member LogansPapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    3,782
    Jun 19, 2008 8:10 am US/Eastern

    GLOUCESTER (WBZ) -- There's a stunning twist to the sudden rise in teen pregnancies at Gloucester High School. 17 students there are expecting and, according to a published report, most of them became that way on purpose.

    Time Magazine is reporting that nearly half of the girls confessed to making a pact to get pregnant and raise their babies together. None of the girls is older than 16.

    Principal Joseph Sullivan said that wasn't all that was shocking.

    "We found out one of the fathers is a 24-year-old homeless guy," he told Time.

    Last month, two top officials at the high school's health center resigned in a fight over contraceptives distribution.

    Medical Director Dr. Brian Orr and chief nurse practitioner Kim Daly support confidentially giving contraceptives to students. They were outraged about resistance from Addison Gilbert Hospital, which administers the state public health grant that funds the school clinic.

    http://wbztv.com/local/gloucester.hi....2.751873.html
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Vepr
    Guest
    Boys these days are spoiled. When I was young a BJ was still considered sex and something that only happened in porn movies. If you wanted to get to second base it was a years worth of dating and countless dinners and movies. Even if your female teachers wanted to have sex you didn't because they all looked like George Washington with teeth to match.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,400
    Things have sure changed since I was a teenager, too. Our pacts were all about NOT getting pregnant.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member LogansPapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Vepr View Post
    Even if your female teachers wanted to have sex you didn't because they all looked like George Washington with teeth to match.
    :mad::mad::mad: (keyboard coffee, again!):D
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,455
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Things have sure changed since I was a teenager, too. Our pacts were all about NOT getting pregnant.
    I didn't make any pacts at all regarding sex. I have always been a prude.:eek:
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    noonwitch
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vepr View Post
    Boys these days are spoiled. When I was young a BJ was still considered sex and something that only happened in porn movies. If you wanted to get to second base it was a years worth of dating and countless dinners and movies. Even if your female teachers wanted to have sex you didn't because they all looked like George Washington with teeth to match.

    I was in college from 1982-86. I had a roommate who's nickname was the BJQ of WMU. She was proud of it, too.

    In high school, none of my friends were sexually active, but some girls were. Then there were the girls who were good girls until someone got them drunk, but I wasn't allowed to hang around with them. I had an older brother who told my parents who I should be allowed to hang around with-if it was girls he was sleeping with or trying to sleep with, he didn't want them to be my friends!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,400
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I had an older brother who told my parents who I should be allowed to hang around with-if it was girls he was sleeping with or trying to sleep with, he didn't want them to be my friends!
    Uhhh, how sweet. I suppose double standards are better than none.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Sadly, the girls in the pact probably got the idea from their own mothers and older sisters. Why not have a baby since Grandma will watch it and the state will pay for it? It's not like being a teen mother really cuts into a girl's free time these days.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Super Moderator bijou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,207
    I can't wait to see what all these children will be named. I expect it will look like an explosion in the Scrabble tile factory.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Goldwater
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Sadly, the girls in the pact probably got the idea from their own mothers and older sisters. Why not have a baby since Grandma will watch it and the state will pay for it? It's not like being a teen mother really cuts into a girl's free time these days.
    But even then the idea is still incredibly stupid. Who wants the ball and chain at such a young age?
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •