1. #1 "Not My President" 
    link

Can you imagine the unhinged letters some in the congress and house are receiving?

Here's one:

link

NanceGreggs (23,766 posts)

"Not My President"

SUBJECT: Not My President
    TO: Don Lemon and Chris Cuomo
    RE: Your conversation tonight about Angela Rye’s comment that Trump is not her president

Sirs:

There are millions of us who do not accept that Donald Trump is our “president”, nor do we ever refer to him by that title. Our refusal to do so is not based on political affiliation or party loyalty. It is based on the facts, as we’ve seen them unfold.

Trump’s every statement, every act, every “tweet”, has been demonstrative of a man who is anti-American, and determined to do the bidding of Vladimir Putin to the detriment of his own country. He passed highly classified information to the Russians in a closed-door meeting in the Oval Office. He met with Putin in Helsinki, again behind closed doors, and has refused to divulge what was discussed. He has distanced us from our traditional allies at every opportunity, while praising our enemies. These are not the actions of an American “president”; they are the actions of a traitor.

If there is any doubt in anyone’s mind that Trump is doing things that are detrimental to our nation, one need only look at his cabinet appointees – people who are destroying the government agencies they are meant to oversee. Our environment is under attack, our education system is under attack, and these attacks are being waged from within by Trump’s own hand-picked appointees. Giving incompetent cronies free rein to overturn regulations that protect our water and air, or gut funding for our children’s education is not presidential – it’s anti-American.

From the launch of his bid for the presidency to the present day, there has not been a single day that Donald Trump has not lied to the citizenry – repeatedly, consistently, and relentlessly. That is not the mark of a man concerned with the truth or facts; it is an unmistakable sign of a man who is more than willing to deceive his countrymen for his own purposes.

There are too many anti-American actions on the part of Trump to be listed here. But they are brazen, they are blatant, and they are in-your-face obvious to all. From refusing to implement sanctions against Russia to publicly taking Putin’s “word for it” on the subject of Russia’s attacks on our elections over the facts compiled by our own intelligence community, Trump has made his position abundantly clear: He is Putin’s man, not America’s – and that makes him a traitor.

From his divisive speeches to his overt racism, Trump continues to do Putin’s work for him. He has deliberately, and with malice aforethought, done everything in his power to pit Americans against each other. He has promoted violence, he has “riled up his base” with bigoted rhetoric, he has flaunted his disdain for the very foundations of our democracy: the FBI, the CIA, our judicial system, and a free and unfettered press. A “president” doesn’t work to undermine the agencies and the people who protect our country – but a traitor does.

As I write this, Donald Trump is at yet another rally insisting that Russia’s attack on our elections is a “hoax” perpetrated by some nefarious “deep state” bent on his personal destruction. Given all the evidence we have as to Russia’s attack on our democratic processes, only a traitor would side with those who have already done so, and are currently in the process of doing so again.

This is why there are millions of Americans who do accept Donald Trump as our “president”. We refuse to acknowledge an obvious traitor, assisted in being “elected” by our country’s enemies, as the leader of the nation he is doing his best to destroy.

You can tsk-tsk all you want about how Trump is our duly-elected “president” and we should all recognize him as such. You can admonish the citizenry for not accepting Putin’s subservient bitch as our commander-in-chief. You can shake your fingers at the camera and scold those who refuse to call a traitor “president”.

But what you can’t do is change the fact that Donald Trump IS a traitor, and those of us who are aware of that fact will never recognize a traitor as “our president”. What you can’t do is convince truly patriotic Americans that we should all recognize a Russian-owned traitor as our nation’s leader, and afford him the respect of an office he has no right to hold.

I admire you both. I watch your shows on CNN religiously and applaud your efforts to bring the truth to the American people. But if you think the idea that “he’s not my president” is an offhand remark that isn’t reflective of the thinking of millions of Americans – or somehow shouldn’t be – you are woefully unaware of what’s going on across the country.

--- Nance Greggs

(Above letter was sent to both Cuomo and Lemon - FWIW)
    They do love living in their alternative reality, don't they?

dalton99a (24,468 posts)

1. Donald Trump belongs in prison.

Isn't she Canadian?

Banned
    I guess the DUmmies are going to start with the "Jed Bartlett is MY President" stuff again.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox View Post
    Isn't she Canadian?
    She lives there, but I'm not sure what her citizenship actually is. Maybe she gets a better per-case price on her liquor there.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TRG View Post
    I guess the DUmmies are going to start with the "Jed Bartlett is MY President" stuff again.
    Also when "The West Wing" was near the end of its run, a bunch of DUmmies used the "Santos/McGarry" pictures as their sig lines. Truly living in an alternative universe.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Also when "The West Wing" was near the end of its run, a bunch of DUmmies used the "Santos/McGarry" pictures as their sig lines. Truly living in an alternative universe.
    I'm a liberal and I never liked that show (I also never liked Senifeld). I can't stand Aaron Sorkin's shows. He takes himself way too seriously.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    -- Nance Greggs --

And Hillary still isn't "president"
    and never will be.

May the FORCE be with you!