Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Heavy Police Presence As Right-Wing Rally Begins in Portland 
    link

appalachiablue (16,364 posts)

Heavy Police Presence As Right-Wing Rally Begins in Portland

Source: Associated Press

35 mins ago.

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A right-wing group and self-described anti-fascist counter-protesters rallied in Portland, Oregon, Saturday as police tried to prevent the gatherings from turning violent as they have before.

The rally organized by Patriot Prayer leader Joey Gibson was the third to roil Portland this summer. Two previous events ended in bloody fistfights and riots, and one counter-protester was sent to the hospital with a skull fracture.

This time, Gibson changed the venue from a federal plaza outside U.S. District Court to a waterfront park so some of his Oregon supporters could carry concealed weapons as they demonstrate...more, AP UPDATE

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/po...ies/ar-BBLttAO

*CBS, Latest news report and videos, 2:19 PM, Sat. Aug. 4, 2018.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/portlan...ay-2018-08-04/

bearsfootball516 (2,341 posts)

1. I'm a little surprised there isn't more coverage of this.

Not that I'm complaining.
    Hortensis (24,274 posts)

4. Likely deliberate. The media have been recognizing

the problem with publicizing increasing acting out by right-wing extremists and Trump's authoritarian near-mobs. I was just hearing today, for instance, about the technique of reporting on the methods groups use rather than repeating their nasty attention-begging messages and lies as in the past.
    More likely they'd have to report on the violence of Antifa (which is anything but anti fascist).
    pecosbob (647 posts)

2. I just hope that the police do not intervene on the behalf of the nazis

as they have done recently in similar situations.
    kurtcagle (68 posts)

6. Temper Tantrums

As a parent, I've learned the hard way that you never acknowledge a temper tantrum. or any similar attention seeking behavior, and you never reward for it by giving into the tantrum. This is not a civic group attempting to raise awareness of a problem - it's the behavior of glory seeking bullies who are spoiling for a fight.
    Propaganda, willfully blind or just plain dumb?

It certainly is raising awareness that the left is FOR violence against those they don't agree with. That they don't believe that those they disagree with should be able to peacefully assemble. It also shows that the Democrat pols are in agreement with their methods since they NEVER call them out or chastise them for their violence. It raises awareness of just WHO and WHAT the Democrats are.

The ONLY ones "spoiling for a fight" is antifa since it is THEY who are wearing masks, carrying weapons, and not allowing a peaceful protest by those they disagree with. There's no reason for them to show up and fight if that weren't the case. They are the thug enforcement wing of the Democrat party.

link

superpatriotman (2,610 posts)

Counter protestors being attacked by police NOW

Portland:
    https://www.koin.com/video/livestream

Cops pushing counter protestors back with tear gas and force. Leaving the peaceful nazis alone.

Here we go again.
    BigmanPigman (17,964 posts)

2. I am not surprised a bit

The alt-right incites violence and law endpforcement protects them! Welcome to the USA/KKK under tRump.
    Pigboy and the left consider anyone verbalizing ideas they don't agree with "inciting violence" in order to give them cover for ACTUAL violence.

Upside down American flags, Soviet flags, yeah they're anti-fascist.
    The American Left: Where everything is politics and politics is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Upside down American flags, Soviet flags, yeah they're anti-fascist.
    More like anti-First Amendment.

Defining irony - people claiming to be against fascism using the tactics of the fascists against those who they hate.

Antifa - black is the new brown...shirt.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

Power CUer
    The police are there because ANTIFA threatened the mayor of Portland.

George Soros needs to be extradited to Russia. Let Putin handle the bastard.

The mayor and police chief both should be arrested and removed form office.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    The police are there because ANTIFA threatened the mayor of Portland.

George Soros needs to be extradited to Russia. Let Putin handle the bastard.
    Duh Mayor F'ed up big-time in ordering PPD not to protect ICE or people in the neighborhood of that office. I suspect many Portland citizens and PPD have been rather vocal about the F-up.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Banned
    The alt-right incites violence and law endpforcement protects them!
    The alt-Right has as much to do with Conservatives and the Republican party as you do.

Which is none.

And anyway...get back to me when any alleged "alt right" group causes the destruction and devastation that Antifa...BLM and the Occupy movements have caused where ever they show up.

Welcome to the USA/KKK under tRump.
    KKK was and is a democrat party operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    link

More likely they'd have to report on the violence of Antifa (which is anything but anti fascist).

Propaganda, willfully blind or just plain dumb?

It certainly is raising awareness that the left is FOR violence against those they don't agree with. That they don't believe that those they disagree with should be able to peacefully assemble. It also shows that the Democrat pols are in agreement with their methods since they NEVER call them out or chastise them for their violence. It raises awareness of just WHO and WHAT the Democrats are.

The ONLY ones "spoiling for a fight" is antifa since it is THEY who are wearing masks, carrying weapons, and not allowing a peaceful protest by those they disagree with. There's no reason for them to show up and fight if that weren't the case. They are the thug enforcement wing of the Democrat party.

link

Pigboy and the left consider anyone verbalizing ideas they don't agree with "inciting violence" in order to give them cover for ACTUAL violence.
    I'd like to light the old assholes beard on fire..

I haven't followed the story because I knew nothing that matters would happen. It's Portland.

Day-care workers are allowed to smoke marijuana on the job.

Power CUer
    [QUOTE=cadillac shark;776560]I haven't followed the story because I knew nothing that matters would happen. It's Portland.

Day-care workers are allowed to smoke marijuana on the job.[/QUOTE]

What?