1. #1 All the Banning: Top Drudge Headlines 
    Power CUer
    Big Tech is suddenly banning all kinds of people....except Dems and Social Justice types.

This is to be expected when liberals are in charge of things. Fair-mindedness isn't a liberal forte. Give them a broad definition of 'hate speech' and they'll contort it until it benefits their point of view. How fascist of them.
    Liberals! The real fascists.

Banned
    It appears that the Libs that control the big tech and internet companies...upset that Net Neutrality is a thing of the past have decided to take matters into their own hands.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Who is surprised at this?? Not I...

Is this "Fair" Libtards???
    May the FORCE be with you!

private business banning content is one thing. Looks like the democrat party has it's sights set on banning content as well, pushing us one step closer to state run media

Senate Democrats Are Circulating Plans for Government Takeover of the Internet: Reason Roundup
    All your base are belong to us. A leaked memo circulating among Senate Democrats contains a host of bonkers authoritarian proposals for regulating digital platforms, purportedly as a way to get tough on Russian bots and fake news. To save American trust in "our institutions, democracy, free press, and markets," it suggests, we need unprecedented and undemocratic government intervention into online press and markets, including "comprehensive (GDPR-like) data protection legislation" of the sort enacted in the E.U.

Titled "Potential Policy Proposals for Regulation of Social Media and Technology Firms," the draft policy paper—penned by Sen. Mark Warner and leaked by an unknown source to Axios—the paper starts out by noting that Russians have long spread disinformation, including when "the Soviets tried to spread 'fake news' denigrating Martin Luther King" (here he fails to mention that the Americans in charge at the time did the same). But NOW IT'S DIFFERENT, because technology.

"Today's tools seem almost built for Russian disinformation techniques," Warner opines. And the ones to come, he assures us, will be even worse.

Here's how Warner is suggesting we deal:

Mandatory location verification. The paper suggests forcing social media platforms to authenticate and disclose the geographic origin of all user accounts or posts.

Mandatory identity verification: The paper suggests forcing social media and tech platforms to authenticate user identities and only allow "authentic" accounts ("inauthentic accounts not only pose threats to our democratic process...but undermine the integrity of digital markets"), with "failure to appropriately address inauthentic account activity" punishable as "a violation of both SEC disclosure rules and/or Section 5 of the [Federal Trade Commission] Act."
    https://reason.com/blog/2018/07/31/d...y-plans-leaked

I find it ironic that the party that vehemently is against a voter id law is pushing for a identity verification of people on the net.
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    private business banning content is one thing. Looks like the democrat party has it's sights set on banning content as well, pushing us one step closer to state run media

https://reason.com/blog/2018/07/31/d...y-plans-leaked

I find it ironic that the party that vehemently is against a voter id law is pushing for a identity verification of people on the net.
    They clearly don't think that illegal aliens use the internet.

I think most people are disgusted at this point with Jones' Sandy Hook conspiracy theory, because it is cruel and ridiculous. If I were Zuckerburg or any other social media owner/operator, then I would not want anything from him in my domain.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I think most people are disgusted at this point with Jones' Sandy Hook conspiracy theory, because it is cruel and ridiculous. If I were Zuckerburg or any other social media owner/operator, then I would not want anything from him in my domain.
    But that wasn't why he was banned. He was banned for TOS violations regarding "hate speech". THAT is why he is the canary in the coalmine and that is why we actually care. I have always thought that Jones was either a real nutjob or a shill to make people on the right look insane. He spends lots of time crying or working himself up into a lather. I personally cannot stomach him.

However, he was banned for "hate speech" against trannies and Muslims, two groups whose ascension does threaten a safe society, especially for children. If you can't talk about the trans agenda being preached to children and Islamic groups that have violent intentions--without it being labeled "hate speech"--then society's ability to defend itself from these threats is cut off. You can't point out the elephant in the room.