Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 The whole dang state is on fire! 
    Power CUer

One wonder why it has to be this way every year. Bad forest management? Deliberately set to get tax dollars?

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post

One wonder why it has to be this way every year. Bad forest management? Deliberately set to get tax dollars?
    The word is out that 90% are set either by arsonists or stupid campers. Beyond that???
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

There has been increase in fires started in homeless encampments recently

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Power CUer
    Retread, help me get to Texas!!!

From your hints and commentary I'd recommend Cowtown - Ft Worth. Alternatively, Corpus Christi or Galveston. There are more job openings than folks qualified to fill them in all those places. Don't even think about Dallas, Austin or Houston.

If you want in the heart of red Texas, come to Montgomery county. The Woodlands is an upscale place with a little higher cost of living but well below CA. Growing community which hs still not decided to become a city but is rather a 'township', WTH that is. The whole county is about as conservative as a mixed community can be.

The greater part of the input/outgo of folks has settled down now that schools are prepping to open again. Out here in my neighborhood the average price is $135 sqft with a half acre of property.

Ya wanta look around, see here https://www.har.com/

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    From your hints and commentary I'd recommend Cowtown - Ft Worth. Alternatively, Corpus Christi or Galveston. There are more job openings than folks qualified to fill them in all those places. Don't even think about Dallas, Austin or Houston.

If you want in the heart of red Texas, come to Montgomery county. The Woodlands is an upscale place with a little higher cost of living but well below CA. Growing community which hs still not decided to become a city but is rather a 'township', WTH that is. The whole county is about as conservative as a mixed community can be.

The greater part of the input/outgo of folks has settled down now that schools are prepping to open again. Out here in my neighborhood the average price is $135 sqft with a half acre of property.

Always recommend FTW. For sentimental reasons. Loved living there, visit still whenever I can.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Go now. It is only going to get worse in California.
    Liberals! The real fascists.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post

Thanks for this. I am have lived many years with the earthquakes, fires, and coastal flooding. (Have been through all at one point or another.) But nothing has been worse than Jerry Brown. If Gavin Newsom wins, you can put a fork in California.

You should get out now before California starts preventing people who pay taxes from leaving the state.
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Additional points: Corpus and Galveston are both subject to flooding in tropical storms as they are barely above sea level but you can live inland a few miles and raise your elevation considerable. Check out Harvey’s flood maps before deciding on a locale near the coast. I’m 60 miles from the beaches and high and dry while still living on a river bank.

Cowtown has much less chance of major flooding, its earthquakes are few and minor (4.0 or less) and while we do have the largest oak forest in the world we don’t have that much forest outside East Texas. Prairie fires are dangerous but mostly limited to west Texas and are few and far between.

Feel free to pm me with any questions you may have.