1. #1 Harvard sorority closes in response to co-ed sanctions 
    A Harvard University sorority has shut itself down due to a new policy penalizing members of “unrecognized single-gender social organizations.”

The Delta Gamma fraternity chapter at Harvard, Zeta Phi, voted in May to relinquish its charter, according to a press release from Delta Gamma that specifically cites the new sanctions as the impetus for that decision.

After an extended debate, Harvard adopted new rules in December that prevent members of single-gender groups from holding leadership positions in recognized student organizations and sports teams. Single-gender organization members will also be ineligible for endorsements for academic fellowship opportunities.
    https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=11195
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    We're all doomed if this horseshit continues.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    We're all doomed if this horseshit continues.
    We are definitely doomed but this is symptom, not a reason.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    We are definitely doomed but this is symptom, not a reason.
    Yeah, just tired of this inclusiveness crapola. To cater to a infinitesimal group of leftist Nazis.

This is cultural insanity and like individual insanity, those suffering can't recognize it.
    Liberals! The real fascists.

When I was in a sorority, we would have had to sober up to care about shit like this. We didn't need the university's sanction to exist. If we did, we would have not allowed minors to drink at our functions and that would have ruined the whole purpose of being in a sorority.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    When I was in a sorority, we would have had to sober up to care about shit like this. We didn't need the university's sanction to exist. If we did, we would have not allowed minors to drink at our functions and that would have ruined the whole purpose of being in a sorority.
    Other than my choice of a University for education, joining a fraternity was a great decision for me. It honestly helped me grow up. Despite all the negatives mentioned by bullying haters, fraternal life for both women and men is an overall giant positive. There are none or rare instances of a rampant hazing culture. It was all about fun & learning.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Other than my choice of a University for education, joining a fraternity was a great decision for me. It honestly helped me grow up. Despite all the negatives mentioned by bullying haters, fraternal life for both women and men is an overall giant positive. There are none or rare instances of a rampant hazing culture. It was all about fun & learning.
    For me, it was about paying my bar bill upfront for the semester, and always having people to party with. I went to a party school and we used Animal House and The Preppie Handbook for our party planning guides. I've heard that schools have cracked down on this type of behavior in recent decades.

We didn't have hazing, though, the NPHC forbade that and it was the one thing that would have gotten our charter revoked. Unless you count the voluntary consumption of large quantities of alcohol to be hazing, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    For me, it was about paying my bar bill upfront for the semester, and always having people to party with. I went to a party school and we used Animal House and The Preppie Handbook for our party planning guides. I've heard that schools have cracked down on this type of behavior in recent decades.

We didn't have hazing, though, the NPHC forbade that and it was the one thing that would have gotten our charter revoked. Unless you count the voluntary consumption of large quantities of alcohol to be hazing, that is.
    We weren't physically hazed. But both genders had to tolerate the mental part of hazing. Which leftist society now views as bullying. It actually makes one stronger.

It's too bad the PC police don't recognize the actual words---"fraternity" and "sorority". I thought that we're still free in America and have the rights to associate with whomever we choose.

My sorority didn't do any hazing and many of the members I guess drank, but not in the sorority house. I don't recall anyone noticeably hung over. But I didn't go to a party school, didn't want one. One visit to U. of Mo. (Mizzou) during my senior year in high school was enough to make me decide I definitely didn't want a party school. I didn't want to waste my money (or my parents) and took enough hours to get out in 3 1/2 years.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"