1. #1 Black Conservative Wins Michigan GOP Senate Primary 
    Going to be interesting how the left is going to spin this race. Can't call James a racist, he's black. Are they going to portray him as a race traitor? Uncle Tom?
    The American Left: Where everything is politics and politics is everything.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    I doubt they can hurt him, he is a West Point graduate, war veteran and ex Apache pilot, turned businessman and family man, in other words a great American, they can say what ever they like and it would be just more dirty air spewed from their mouths. I hope he wins I really do, he said this morning he has no special message for blacks or white and that he wants the job to do what he can for America, the constitution and that includes every American. I think someone would need to explain that to the left they would not be able to comprehend what he said.

I don't think Debbie Stabenow will go after him on a personal level, or play a race card. I think the strategy will be more on her record on women's rights and civil rights, and her commitment to Michigan and it's people. Her office has a good record with the community regarding helping citizens cut through red tape with Social Security, the VA and even state and local government issues.

There will be a larger turnout than usual for midterms this fall in MI-recreational weed is on the ballot. I don't know how that will factor in, but I would guess more liberals favor the law than conservatives. But I know there are plenty of conservatives who support it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Going to be interesting how the left is going to spin this race. Can't call James a racist, he's black. Are they going to portray him as a race traitor? Uncle Tom?
    They have several well-tried strategies:

* Call him a Race Traitor, as you suggested;

* Anita-Hill him, as was attempted with Clarence Thomas and succeeded with Herman Cain; invoke the sex-crazed black male stereotype;

* Invisible-Man him, as was done with Alan Keyes in '96 and '00 and is currently being done with Justice Thomas.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

He got my vote. Strong candidate Good shot of turning South East Michigan a little more purple. And that is the ticket in my home state.

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    They have several well-tried strategies:

* Call him a Race Traitor, as you suggested;

* Anita-Hill him, as was attempted with Clarence Thomas and succeeded with Herman Cain; invoke the sex-crazed black male stereotype;

* Invisible-Man him, as was done with Alan Keyes in '96 and '00 and is currently being done with Justice Thomas.

Whatever you think of democrats, that's not how Debbie Stabenow operates. She won't go there.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Whatever you think of democrats, that's not how Debbie Stabenow operates. She won't go there.

Except she HAS - she has participated in the smearing of Judge Kavanaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstitutionallySpeaking View Post
    Except she HAS - she has participated in the smearing of Judge Kavanaugh.

Is opposing his nomination because of different opinions on political issues like abortion rights the same as smearing him? Because I have not heard of her making any personal attacks on him.

She's not going to play a race card because she knows her state well and knows that she needs black voters to stay in office.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    If it means holding onto her seat she will. Hell, establishment Republicans do it. Remember what the establishment GOP did to Chris McDaniel in 2014 basically calling him a Klan member.
    The American Left: Where everything is politics and politics is everything.