1. #1 History Teacher Removes Student from Class for Wearing NRA Shirt 
    A history teacher in California’s Lodi Unified School District sent one student to the principal’s office and lectured another on the evils of guns, all because the two wearing an NRA t-shirt.

The student who received the lecture on firearms was a 15-year-old girl.

CBS Sacramento reports that both students were wearing NRA shirts at Lodi High School when the teacher became angry on Friday. Charlene Craig, the mother of the girl, said, “[The teacher] basically yelled at her, telling her that she would be writing an essay if she disagreed with him.”

Craig noted that the school’s dress code bars clothing that depicts a firearm, but made clear that her daughter’s shirt did not violate this policy because there was not a photo or image of a gun on it. Rather, the shirt has shell casings in a color-coordinated pattern, making an American flag. Below the flag are the words, “National Rifle Association
    https://www.breitbart.com/california...ass-nra-shirt/
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Nice non apology from the school district.

I wonder if they chastised the teacher. Probably not.

I imagine they gave him a pat on the back for demonstrating what will happen if someone wears "unacceptable" (not part of the agenda) clothing to school.
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

I don't think the shirt is appropriate for school, but whatever happened to letting the kid finish out the day and tell him or her not to wear it again?

I think the kid knew there would be an issue if she wore that shirt and did it to provoke a reaction from the school, which they gave her.

It reminds me of the kids in the 70s who went to court to win the right to wear an anti-war thing on their arm. The idea is that too much controversy can bring disruption to the classroom.

A lot of the schools where I'm at have "school uniforms," which means the kids have to wear something like khackis and a polo shirt every day. That was mostly meant to teach discipline and discourage bullying. I don't think it's working.

The school's dress code doesn't speak to the content of, e.g., T-shirts. In this case, the teacher simply acted on his own ideology; he should be reprimanded, but probably will not (though Lodi is not in one of CA's loonier areas). My guess is that a team of lawyers will be re-drafting the dress code to steer between "anything goes" and enabling a "heckler's veto".
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!