1. #1 The Trump people I have marginal contact with are backing off. 
    link

Hamlette (13,386 posts)

The Trump people I have marginal contact with are backing off.

They don't engage. Say things like "some of the things he does make me mad but he's my president". Try to engage me in non-political ways where before it was Trump in my face all the time.

One started on a death penalty case and how he was finally going to die after getting free room and board for 16 years or something. I explained how the death penalty costs more than putting someone in prison with no parole and anyway, it is barbaric and we should join the rest of the civilized world and get rid of it and she agreed with me! A couple other Trumpers who I don't know posted some stupid ass "they don't even deserve a trial" and the first Trumper came to my defense. She started sounding like me by the end of the day.

Hearing that Trump is hiring people to go to his rallies and some Trumpers not acting so bold right now, I'm thinking this Trump shit is losing steam. I tend to think it was the kids in cages. At first they defended it but quickly they became more and more silent. Now they act like my friend and avoid talking about Trump. Or say "yeah, he pisses me off sometimes too".

Anyone else seeing this? Know that my only contact with Trump voters this time of year is on facebook. But I communicate there with my relatives who are Trumpers as well as people who I share other interests with (glass blowers). Will be interesting to see how the holidays play out with them this year.
    Liberals act like unhinged thugs. And then they think that because Trump supporters chose NOT to engage with them that it's because they are turning away from President Trump. LOL

drm604 (16,225 posts)

1. This is good to hear.

I think at least some people are starting to wake up.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    More made up crap to further their own narrative that Trump voters are separating from him. Which isn't happening.

Hiring people to show up at rallies? Ha! Dems pull that type of crap, the President doesn't have to.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Thanks for the laugh, after being woke up at 7am by some unknown phone number I finally had to get up and start the day. These delusional people have no life do they.

drm604 (16,225 posts)

1. This is good to hear.

I think at least some people are starting to wake up.
    wake up DUmmy. Support for Trump is as strong if not stronger....

An overwhelming majority of people who voted for President Trump two years ago still have “warm” feelings for him, according to a survey released Thursday.

The study by Pew Research Center found that 82 percent of verified Trump voters said they felt “warmly” toward him in March of this year, with 62 percent saying they had “very warm” feelings about him.
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...el-warmly-abo/
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Hamlette (13,386 posts)

The Trump people I have marginal contact with are backing off.
    They are backing off because they know you are just another hate filled ignorant liberal and that they are wasting their breath talking to you, because it is like talking to a stump.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

Your marginal Trump friends have gotten bored talking to an unthinking bag of rocks.
    Liberals! The real fascists.

Trump is not only hiring people to go to his rallies but also to stand outside in droves. That must be why unemployment is down.

Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    Trump is not only hiring people to go to his rallies but also to stand outside in droves. That must be why unemployment is down.
    Not only that, but he's also paying the Antifa thugs to attack the paid rally attendees so as to make D, Libs, and Progs look bad.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Not only that, but he's also paying the Antifa thugs to attack the paid rally attendees so as to make D, Libs, and Progs look bad.
    I know you posted this as a joke but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if there of those on the left that actually make this claim, thinking it's absolutely true.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    I know you posted this as a joke but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if there of those on the left that actually make this claim, thinking it's absolutely true.
    Yeah, satire has been overtaken and passed by reality.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!