1. #1 Navy chaplain Gene Gomulka" Told HE needed therapy when he blew the whistle on priest 
    Power CUer
    I know SVPete won't watch a long video, but this one is a live interview with Navy chaplain Gene Gomulka, a Catholic priest who blew the whistle on fellow priests. Gomulka states that Catholic chaplains were the WORST offenders (percentage-wise) among military chaplains-- Catholic priests accounted for 20% of chaplains in the military but committed 50% of the serious offenses, some ending up in Leavenworth. Gomulka doesn't have the most melodious voice, but he has a ton of first hand information, including how he was treated as a whiste-blower.

The video can be found here: https://www.churchmilitant.com/video...g-up-sex-abuse

There was a priest in Detroit who was silenced because he talked about how he was abused as a child by a priest. He was an old guy, they took his parish from him, told him he could no longer preach in public and made him retire. I forgot his name, but he ran St. Leo's, a church that has a massive outreach to the poor on Detroit's west side.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    There was a priest in Detroit who was silenced because he talked about how he was abused as a child by a priest. He was an old guy, they took his parish from him, told him he could no longer preach in public and made him retire. I forgot his name, but he ran St. Leo's, a church that has a massive outreach to the poor on Detroit's west side.
    That's a shame. It sounds like he was a really good man.

The Church is just another hierarchical organization where you can't speak the truth. Right now, there is a PR campaign trying to silence the flock as DOJ looks into charges.

I'm not a "premium User", so I just get a 5 second teaser clip.

Looking from the "outside" it looks like something oxymoronic is happening. The people who say they want abusers exposed and brought to justice are making noises about some sort of conservative coup concerning groups of faithful Catholics who see a subculture of homosexual abusers in the priesthood as a very large part of the problem. Contrary to the 10% myth, male homosexuals are something like 2%-4% of males. But a much larger percent of priest-abusers are committing homosexual - rather than heterosexual - abuse. Ignoring who is doing what, why, and how they crept into the priesthood means that exposing and getting rid of the current crop of abusers leaves open the doors through which they crept in.

If there is pressure from cardinals, archbishops, and bishops being communicated through priests for lay people to keep silent, it will fail and backfire. People will react against the pressure, angrily. Those bringing the pressure will find that the tighter they squeeze, the more people will escape from their hands - to the police, to different flocks.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!