1. #1 What slime: McConnell basically to keep senate in session until Election Day 
    link

NewsCenter28 (763 posts)

What slime: McConnell basically to keep senate in session until Election Day

To pass the Reich judicial nominees to screw us over. None of our incumbents will have any campaign time!

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ms-2018-815705
    Traditionally the Senate hits the road for October of an election year. But the Senate is throwing tradition out the window this year.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is planning to keep the chamber in session for a significant portion of October if not four entire weeks, costing Democrats key campaign trail days and allowing the chamber to continue its work into the fall, according to five Republican officials. The GOP leader wants to keep cranking through as many lifetime judicial nominations and executive nominations as he can with his majority in the balance and the GOP still with the unilateral ability to confirm President Donald Trump's picks.
    Republicans aren't able to campaign either, so what's the problem?

If they don't like it then Democrats should have thought of that when they began demanding the full debate time for non controversial candidates and when they obstructed in other ways. If you can't get work done in a timely manner because someone is acting like a jerk, then it usually means everyone has to work longer in order to get it done.

unitedwethrive (849 posts)

1. Do most of these votes require just a simple majority?

If so, our incumbent senators running for reelection should not bother staying in D.C. Have the people not on the ballot stay there to ask a lot of questions and delay things as much as possible, knowing that we will lose all the votes anyway.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Heavens forbid they should earn what we taxpayers are forced to pay them

NewsCenter28 (763 posts)

What slime: McConnell basically to keep senate in session until Election Day

To pass the Reich judicial nominees to screw us over. None of our incumbents will have any campaign time!
    As someone once reminded Republicans, elections have consequences. And now Democrats are being taught that obstructionist tactics also have consequences.

I wonder when it will dawn on DUpipo that if RBG dies and the Ds obstruct Trump's nominee, RBG's vote still died with her.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Power CUer
    So McConnell's not "giving up" on the midterms?

If so, our incumbent senators running for reelection should not bother staying in D.C. Have the people not on the ballot stay there to ask a lot of questions and delay things as much as possible, knowing that we will lose all the votes anyway.
    Hmm... If all the democrat incumbents running for re-election leave town and ALL Republicans stay there will still be a quorum but the GOP will have a (temporary) filibuster-proof majority. They could pass almost anything they want to. I'm dreaming again!
    The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

Quote Originally Posted by old dog View Post
    Hmm... If all the democrat incumbents running for re-election leave town and ALL Republicans stay there will still be a quorum but the GOP will have a (temporary) filibuster-proof majority. They could pass almost anything they want to. I'm dreaming again!
    Exactly. D Senators are not forced to stay in DC. Those who do choose grandstanding futility over self-preserving campaigning.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!