Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Just witnessed two little girls say some racist sh*t 
    link

mahina (8,618 posts)

Just witnessed two little girls say some racist sh*t

Iím at a great little taco truck in Kailua.

A haole mother and father and two antsy little girls were waiting for their order.

They could be visitors or military, clearly not local residents based on their attire, behavior and what garbage came out of their mouths*.

The older girl, maybe eight, said something was wrong here. That peopleís skin is the wrong color. I felt my eyes get huge and I stared at the mother and father. They werenít three feet away.

Then the littler one repeated it and asked Mom if that was right. Mom said nothing.

Iím sorry to tell you I didnít correct the children but I made it very clear to the parents that what they said was horrible.

I wish I could go back in time andcsay the right thing. A woman next to me and I met glares and turned them back to the parents who seemed untouched, unashamed, couldnít care less what we thought. The mother said ďcome on honeyĒ and took her little racist kids and her racist husband and left.

What would you do or say?

If the parents had said that I would have told them off. These were children.

As the Mom strode past me head held high, , heads all turned to follow them.

This is not normal for these islands. Yes we live with a racist legacy, cultural and ethnic inequality, heaps of injustice. But this is unheard of.

* because anyone who grew up here saying this wouldnít have teeth. Sorry, true.

Update: Well it turns out that the Base Commander is Hispanic. So he knows about all this stuff already. But Iím writing to him anyway, and his #2 as well.
    Heís kind of inspiring. https://www.mcbhawaii.marines.mil/Le...-marine-corps/
    No surprise RACIST BIGOTED liberals are judgemental toward kids. RACIST BIGOTED liberals who sooooooo self righteously claim THEY are not racist or bigoted.

Perhaps the kids have lived somewhere where there is not a lot of diversity and hadn't seen people with darker skin tones. And just perhaps the parents weren't about to chastise or shame their kids in public at the behest of jack*sses.
    UCmeNdc (5,968 posts)

1. Trump's 'Merica

My friend is saying he sees more and more of this in the military.
    And the racist bigotry and divisiveness the Jack*sses constantly display is due to The Black *ss who encouraged and fomented it. ("Black" because they almost can't discuss or refer to him without referencing his skin color.) Their words and actions are shameful but they only apparently feel arrogant self righteous pride at their divisive hateful racism and bigotry.
    mahina (8,618 posts)

3. That's my thinking too, they must be military

Because if you hate brown people why in Godís name would you come to Hawaii?

The crowd was maybe half military half local. We have a Marine and Navy base nearbye.

Well I donít see how that can help us at all. Wonder if the Russians are trying to divide us there too. Holy crap. What a Terrible disgrace.

Please tell me itís not becoming common in the Army too. It makes my stomach turn over to think of it.

I wish with my whole heart Iíd thought of the right thing, anything to say to get through. I donít live with regret much but here it is.
    Who says they "hate" brown people? That's right. NO ONE but the jack*ss OP and commenters who are making ASSUMPTIONS, and in doing so are making an *ss of themselves.

underthematrix (4,690 posts)

2. Whenever I see a child of color I always comment on their extraordinary beauty and brilliance.
    Because people of color couldn't survive without jack*ss white people commenting on their skin color.

irresistable (121 posts)

4. We are witnessing the last dying gasp of the white racists.

Trump has been the great racist enabling white hope and he has dragged these people out of the shadows.

They are living in an imaginary world as they look up to Trump and watch Fox News and talk to their racist friends.

They won't go away quietly, but their time has passed.
    *snort* 90% of what the jack*sses consider "racism" has NOTHING to do with racism.

irresistable (121 posts)

11. I suspect that it will get uglier before it gets better, though.

Trump gave them a sick burst of hope. They won't react well as he crashes and burns.

As tempting as it is to try and engage with these people, it might not be safe.
    mahina (8,618 posts)

12. Just writing a letter to the base Commander.

Bettervthat than a letter to the editor of the local military paper, so as not to encourage like minded bigots.

He or she should know. Of course o donít have the parentsí names but I know, or hope I know, that he or she have tools at hand to make a message against this thinking known.
    Writing letters because of something 2 children under 10 said to each other, and because the parents didn't correct and shame them in public?

What an idiot. Or a liar and it's nothing but a made up story, a bouncy, for DU cred and to continue the leftist narrative by lying once again.

AdamGG (197 posts)

15. The kids are repeating themes they hear in their home & their schools probably don't address it

I grew up with parents who were born in the 1930s and said some cringeworthy things about race, not extreme, but not atypical of their generation. Having liberal 1970s Massachusetts school teachers at an early age who focused on racism in US history was really influential for me.

In 3rd grade, we spent a whole day where the teacher told us that people with blonde hair were terrible and they had to spend the day sitting in a corner of the room and everything was about how they're inferior. Then, at the end of the day and the following days, the teacher talked about why that's wrong and we discussed how it made us feel.

In 7th grade, when Roots aired, our social studies class spent the whole semester on the history of racism and slavery in America. One day, we spent the whole class lying on the floor packed up against each other with the lights out, being told how slaves spent months like that in the middle passage, and that they'd be laying there in their waste, often with the person next to them dying or dead. We had to study the diagrams of the holds of the ships and do the math of how the owners calculated whether to pack people in more tightly, which caused higher death rates, but still made more of a profit.

I had cousins who grew up in other parts of the country and didn't get any of this education and now there's Texas textbooks that have eliminated references to slavery, Jim Crow & civil rights altogether. Parents like this are out there (worse than mine, who did teach me to be respectful toward everyone), but schools need to step up more with better curriculum at an early age about this.
    Sounds more like child abuse to me. But I'm sure the liberals were quite proud of it.

Yes, the jack*ss party feels soooo smug and superior but they simply DENY their own racism and justify it as they claim that EVERYTHING related to conservatives - or those they assume are conservatives is RACISM.

They aren't fooling anyone who isn't already a leftist idiot with that mentality.

Note to lurking DUmmies: When you're complaining about racism do not start your post with a derogatory racist term (haole) and prove that you're a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    Note to lurking DUmmies: When you're complaining about racism do not start your post with a derogatory racist term (haole) and prove that you're a racist.
    Exactly. I was going to point out the same thing. It makes no sense for an obvious racist to accuse others of being racists.
    Liberals! The real fascists.

Power CUer
    I have never seen that word before. What does it mean?

mahina (8,618 posts)

Just witnessed two little girls say some racist sh*t

Iím at a great little taco truck in Kailua.

A haole mother and father and two antsy little girls were waiting for their order.

They could be visitors or military, clearly not local residents based on their attire, behavior and what garbage came out of their mouths*.

The older girl, maybe eight, said something was wrong here. That peopleís skin is the wrong color. I felt my eyes get huge and I stared at the mother and father. They werenít three feet away.

Then the littler one repeated it and asked Mom if that was right. Mom said nothing.

Iím sorry to tell you I didnít correct the children but I made it very clear to the parents that what they said was horrible.
    Yeeeaaaaaaahhhh ... I doubt this happened. Because that just doesn't sound like how a young child would express themselves. Because visitors to Hawaii would see people of various skin colors pretty much from the moment they set foot in Hawaii, and more likely before boarding their flight to Hawaii ... or while walking through that mainland airport ... or in their everyday lives. It's just too implausible that these girls had never in their lives seen a black or a dark-skinned Hispanic or a Native American or a person of East or South Asian heritage or a Polynesian.

That said, what would this DUpipos post have been had those parents come down on their child in a public place? I'm sure there are a good number of such DU-posts about the horrors of parents correcting their children in public. Speaking personally, had I said such a thing in public, my parents' reaction most likely would have been, "Shush. We'll talk about this at home!" Quietly, so as not to create a scene, but with a voice tone that would let me know I should shut up. And we would have had the talk.

My real life from my earliest years, though, was seeing my parents interact with people of various skin colors as people, and hearing them speak of people with Hispanic, Chinese, and Japanese family names as friends, classmates, and people with whom they socialized and/or did business. We didn't have a "race talk" until I saw MLK on TV (early 60s) and wondered what was going on. When they explained, I thought racism stupid and said as much. I didn't see it, but I suspect they saw success in what I said.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Power CUer
    Just looked it up.

Sounds like a to me.

Bingo! That leaped out to me, too. Probably few DUpipo know it's racist, though, and - of course - those who would not DARE call out a POC for their racism!.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I have never seen that word before. What does it mean?
    It's Hawaiian slang for white people

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Sounds like Social Justice Warrior
    bullshit to me. I doubt it happened
    or happened the way it is described.

May the FORCE be with you!

Maybe the parents addressed the issue in a different place with the kids, instead of in public. Kids say what crosses their minds and it isn't always pc.