1. #1 Please prepare yourself: justice will not be done. 
    link
    Atticus (4,282 posts)
    Please prepare yourself: justice will not be done.

Justice would mean that the entire Trump "presidency" would be nullified---declared illegitimate in its entirety. Trump would be retroactively removed from office and publicly frog-marched to a federal lockup to await the filing of criminal charges.

Pence is "VP" only because Trump selected him. Therefore, Pence would not be anyone's Vice-President.

All judicial appointments would be vacated and declared "open".

The new Speaker would serve as POTUS long enough to name Hillary Clinton Vice-President and then resign to resume the Speakership. President Clinton would select a new VP and review all appointments made since January, 2017, beginning with the Cabinet. No salaries paid would be effected, but some funds allocated by Trump could be "clawed back" where appropriate.

That would be a start, but---it ain't happenin'. Prepare to grit your teeth, clench your fists and cuss a blue streak ---and, then, carry on. As our last true President reminds us: "Better is good". Let's do what Democrats do: make things better---for ourselves, our children and our grandchildren.
    Unhinged idiots who feel entitled to power even when they don't win the election.

maxsolomon (16,865 posts)

1. I doubt anyone expects THAT much justice.

I don't even expect him to be convicted in the Senate after being impeached. I just want him rendered impotent in November, and gone in January 2021.
    Atticus (4,282 posts)
    30. After admonishing me not to be a "happy adjuster", you conclude with "he's not going anywhere".

Are you an "unhappy adjuster"?

Also, I clearly stated that the "wild nullification fantasy" "ain't happenin'", so you cannot reasonably have assumed that my post was proposing that we pursue it.

So, what part of what I described as justice do you have an issue with? Don't explain why it can't happen. The OP is based on that very premise. What is your problem?

NewJeffCT (49,462 posts)

23. What my dream would be

1) Democrats pick up a huge amount of seats in the House (similar to 2010, or better, where GOP picked up 60+) and miraculously win a 51 or 52 seat majority in the Senate.

2) Democrats immediately start passing legislation to keep Trump on the defensive - force him to veto legislation that repeals the Trump tax cuts, protect people with pre-existing conditions, protect Robert Mueller, reinstate banking and environmental regulations, etc

3) Give the entire White House and cabinet thorough enemas with massive investigations into Trump/Russia, corruption with every cabinet official, Trump Foundation, Election Fraud, etc. Numerous officials indicted.

4) Public testimony from The Trump Boys, Jared Kushner, Michael Cohen, Don McGahn, etc where they stab each other in the back and also make major gaffes turns the public even more against Team Trump.

5) Trump poll ratings go down even lower - even GOP numbers start tanking. GOP House & Senate members now more critical of Trump. Trump tries to pardon himself of any and all crimes. Supreme Court rejects the Trump ability to self-pardon. Trump then tries to blame it all on Pence.

6) Impeachment hearings start in the Fall of 2019. Trump indicted with over 300 YES votes, and convicted with over 75 votes in the Senate. He is dragged kicking & screaming from office, blaming everybody but himself, of course. As soon as he is removed from office, he is indicted on scores of charges at the Federal level, including treason, and also by NY State. Assets are frozen. Trump boys and Jared are also indicted.

7) Pence assumes the presidency under the cloud of the investigation continuing. the MAGA crowd is despondent without their fuhrer in place and many abandon the party and politics in general and return to their mom's basements, leaving Pence with an approval rating below Nixon at his nadir. Pence negotiates a deal with House/Senate Dem leaders that he will not pardon anybody and will agree to not run for re-election.

8) Pence names a moderate Republican as VP who agrees not to pardon Trump or anybody else and also agrees not to run in 2020.

9) Democrats win big in 2020 - increasing margins in the House by several and in the Senate by a bunch. Whoever Dems run in 2020 for president also wins bigly. "Popular" GOP governors Kasich, Baker, etc decline to run for president, leaving Ted Cruz to lose in an epic landslide.

10) Trump and his two sons and Jared Kushner all end up in prison for life. Trump assets are sold off to reimburse children and families traumatized by being kept in internment camps and to people he's ripped off in prior business dealings. Don Sr lasts only a few months in prison before dying of a heart attack.

11) Democrats hold onto the presidency and Congress for 20+ years, strengthen Social Security, Implement Medicare For All and amend the Constitution to make the Voting Rights Act an amendment and to allow gay marriage.

That is not justice. That is a delusion.
    Liberals! The real fascists.

That's a whole lotta mental masturbation. Be careful DUmmies, you'll go blind if you do too much of that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    Be careful DUmmies, you'll go blind if you do too much of that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    That train left the station years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    That is not justice. That is a delusion.

Sometimes its not very hard to believe that there so many delusional idiots who want to turn America into a third-world banana republic, including one party rule and secret police every where ( SJWs will finally have jobs).
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    The new cast for One Flew Over The Cooco's Nest

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    What happened to Robert Reich's suggestion to completely annul the Presidency of Trump?
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Dogbert wisdom....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    Dogbert wisdom....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    An endoscope would be the proper tool for that purpose.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!