Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Kavanaugh Denies Sexual-Misconduct Claim, Keeps White House Support 
    link

brooklynite (45,144 posts)

Kavanaugh Denies Sexual-Misconduct Claim, Keeps White House Support

Source: Bloomberg

Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh “unequivocally” denied an allegation reported in the New Yorker magazine that during a party in high school he held a girl down and tried to force himself on her.

“I categorically and unequivocally deny this allegation. I did not do this back in high school or at any time,” Kavanaugh said in a statement released by the White House on Friday.

The White House isn’t considering pulling Kavanaugh’s nomination over the allegation, White House spokesman Raj Shah said. The initial disclosure Thursday by Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein that she had provided unspecified “information” to the FBI threw the already contentious confirmation fight into confusion.

The New Yorker cited a letter written by the woman that said the encounter occurred at a party when Kavanaugh was a high school student during the early 1980s. The woman contended that Kavanaugh and a classmate of his had been drinking, and turned up music that was playing in the room to drown out her protests. The woman said Kavanaugh covered her mouth with his hand, but that she was able to free herself, the New Yorker said.

Read more: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ouse-backs-him
    olegramps (6,214 posts)

24. Until the person makes the charge in person its validity is questionable.

It is a serious charge and should not be discounted, however, neither can it be taken as absolute truth until the person comes forward and confronts him. A person has the right to confront their accuser. This is a fundamental rule of law in our society. Just think of the horrific lies that the Republicans dirty tricks scum bags have accused Democrats of doing. It could even be a person who could be actually supporting him and hoping that Democrats go overboard only for it to be proven to be untrue. Nothing about the Republicans would surprise me. Just consider what they did to Kerry and how the stole the election for Bush. Republicans are in the character assassination business and it is the main weapon that they use in every election for every office for local to federal.
    DURHAM D (26,570 posts)

25. Thanks but I don't need a lecture. nt
    No "truth" needed.

lagomorph777 (7,472 posts)

5. So, Senator Collins, do you support the rapist?
    durablend (3,542 posts)

8. Of course she does

Collins: "Well he never grabbed *my* p*ssy!"
    And President Trump never said that he grabbed anyone's p*ssy, only that some women would allow someone who was rich and/or famous to do so, meaning the gold diggers and those seeking fame and prestige from others WOULD allow it to get what they want. But the truth doesn't matter to leftists who are motivated by hate.
    Achilleaze (10,706 posts)

12. "I did not have republican-style sexual piggery with that girl." K-man (R-Perjurer)

Claimed the republican perjurer...
    LOL. They lie, take things out of context and ignore truth in order to smear President Trump then they expect us to believe them when they spout more of it.

LakeSuperiorView (212 posts)

16. He couldn't recall if he talked to anyone from a specific law firm in the last couple years...

How could he possibly remember high school?

A law firm with how many offices 8? and over 300 attorneys and he's supposed to know everyone who works there?

BigmanPigman (19,135 posts)

23. I am going to call GOP senators who are

supposedly moral Christians and pretend I am too and call the staffers and say, "I am horrified, yes horrified I tell you. How can a man who is so filthy and doesn't embrace my Christian values can be on the SCOTUS?". Maybe I can make them feel that they are hypocrites, which they are. But no reelection for them and their party if this immoral person can even be considered for such a moral position.
    LOL. That's how they think Christians talk.
    RandySF (20,691 posts)
    32. The committee should at least delay the vote until its investigated
    There will be no investigation. It's most likely a lie or made up smears from desperate democrats. But even if it's true (And I don't believe it is.) nothing happened. The woman doesn't want to 'press charges' and she wants to remain anonymous - how convenient. No doubt however, per the Dems MO, someone will claim to have "known about" it previously or someone else will claim something similar.

When Dems can't win at the ballot box they lie, cheat and sue to get what they want.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    The swearing in will be a Kodak moment and all the DUer's should be mailed a signed copy

DUpipo denied what Franken was doing despite the picture showing it. But now those same DUpipo believe an anonymous letter that gives no date - even approximate - and no location. Jim would refuse to let Scotty beam him down to Planet DU because there's obviously no intelligence or honesty there. BTW, apparently DiFei redacted the accuser's name from the copy of the letter she gave the FBI, obviously to make investigation impossible.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

I strongly suspect that this anonymous "victim" is going to come forward at the last minute. This drip, drip, drip of info is all pre-planned as a buildup to that. They are going to attempt a Clarence Thomas redux.
    The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

Quote Originally Posted by old dog View Post
    I strongly suspect that this anonymous "victim" is going to come forward at the last minute. This drip, drip, drip of info is all pre-planned as a buildup to that. They are going to attempt a Clarence Thomas redux.
    That is the game played, unsuccessfully, with Clarence Thomas. Hopefully the Rs will have the courage to call it out and move ahead.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

This is what happened to Thomas.

Liberals seem to have no original ideas any more; all they can do is re-makes.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

The American Left: Where everything is politics and politics is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    That is the game played, unsuccessfully, with Clarence Thomas. Hopefully the Rs will have the courage to call it out and move ahead.
    Even though it is a Senate matter, the MSM will surely stick a microphone in front of Mr.Profile-in-Courage, Paul Ryan, for his nauseating collaborationist opinion.
    The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

Isn't it sad that DUmmies go ballistic when a Republican or conservative have the slightest accusation of misconduct but turn a blind eye regarding Democrats or liberals accused of rape (Bill Clinton), a DWI that resulted in the death of a female passenger (Ted Kenedy), had a Chinese spy working for her for 20 years (Diane Feinstein) and violations in handling classified documents (HilLIARy Clinton).

If DUmmies didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.
    Last edited by Zathras; 09-15-2018 at 09:19 PM.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Isn't it sad that DUmmies go ballistic when a Republican/conservative have the slightest accusation of misconduct but turn a blind eye regarding Democrats/liberals accused of rape (Bill Clinton), DWI that resulted in the death of a female passenger (Ted Kenedy), had a Chinese spy working for her (Diane Feinstein) and violations in handling classified documents (HilLIARy Clinton).

If DUmmies didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.
    Hell they think the pic of that jackass in Minnesota that was grabbing the boobs of that sleeping female soldier is doctored!