1. #1 NHS: Women Have to Abort Their Babies to Enjoy Lipstick and High Heels 
    Power CUer
    Britain's NHS (National Health Service) just came out with this ad:

https://www.lifenews.com/2018/09/14/...nd-high-heels/

A new ad from the British government is widely being condemned as sexist for implying women must choose between having a baby or wearing high heels and lipstick.

The National Health Association ad was meant to promote emergency contraception (certain types of which may cause abortions), but even liberal women’s bloggers and commentators slammed the ad as “sexist.”

A project of the Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust, the ad asks “Would you give up this?” alongside pictures of a high heeled women’s shoe and a tube of lipstick, followed by “For this?” and a picture of a baby pacifier.

“In other words, are you ready to give up your fun, social and lipstick-wearing life to look after a baby? Because, when you’re a mother, all those things will be firmly out of your reach,” The Pool blogger Emily Baker responded. “Except, that’s not true. Having a baby – contrary to the Walsall NHS Trust’s beliefs – does not mark the end of a woman’s life.”

It has received wide condemnation from women across the political spectrum...

I don't know, there is a good point to be made about giving up the hedonism of youth to become a full time parent.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't know, there is a good point to be made about giving up the hedonism of youth to become a full time parent.
    Now that's a perspective I hadn't thought of. I would add: especially when youth goes on way longer than it should.

But at what cost?
    Liberals! The real fascists.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    But at what cost?
    You don't wear shoes that cause ankle and back issues?

Power CUer
    You don't wear shoes that cause ankle and back issues?
    Well, there is that.

When I was younger, I was always in high heels. My knees and feet are suffering from it now. I used to walk miles in those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Well, there is that.

When I was younger, I was always in high heels. My knees and feet are suffering from it now. I used to walk miles in those things.
    My mom was always trying to get me to wear high heels. I didn't need to because I was tall. She thought they make your legs look thinner. Because I have supinated feet and had to wear orthopedic shoes as a kid, I'm not sure this was the best plan. I wasn't allowed to wear backless shoes like clogs because of the foot thing, though.

She got me a pair of 4 inch Bandalinos for my first day with CFS. By the time I got home, my feet were so sore I never wore them to work again. I don't have any shoes at this point in my life that have a heel over an inch and a half high.