1. #1 Bombshell Washington Post Story On Trump Passport Crackdown Withheld, Distorted ... 
    Bombshell Washington Post Story On Trump Passport Crackdown Withheld, Distorted Key Facts

AUSTIN, Texas ― On Aug. 29, The Washington Post published a bombshell report alleging that the Trump administration had orchestrated a campaign to systematically deny passports to Latinos born along the border.

“The Trump administration is accusing hundreds, and possibly thousands, of Latinos along the border of using fraudulent birth certificates since they were babies, and it is undertaking a widespread crackdown,” the paper wrote.
    The paper cited a number of specific policies to support its allegation of a crackdown: supposedly heightened scrutiny of birth certificates signed by midwives suspected of peddling fraudulent documents, supposedly unprecedented passport denials to people born far from the border, and a supposedly new focus on babies delivered by one Texas doctor.

All three practices predate Trump.

The Post’s allegation that the administration is increasingly scrutinizing birth certificates signed by midwives suspected of peddling fraudulent documents ― the basis for much of its initial story ― is particularly problematic. This allegation was supported by the observations of several expert lawyers who had witnessed skyrocketing caseloads of passport denials, mostly in South Texas. The story lacked statistics, which the State Department initially failed to provide.

But when the State Department provided HuffPost the raw number of passport denials in suspect midwife cases along the border, those numbers contradicted the Post’s report. The number of denials steadily dropped, from a peak of 1,465 in 2015 to 971 last year.
    I don't know whether anyone here heard of this mini-faux-scandal-kerfuffle. IIRC, I saw it when a FB Friend of the Lib/Prog persuasion posted the WashPost story in outrage. I knew - and pointed out - that the denials were of long-standing policy and based on admissions made in a Clinton era (IIRC) court case (US birth certs had been issued by US doctors/midwives for babies born in Mexico to Mexican parents). I also was sure the WashPost was being deceptive and was sure the deception would be revealed, eventually. To be honest, I did NOT expect the outlet revealing the WashPost's deception to be the reliably Lib/Prog HuffPo.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

The Washington Post - All the news that printed to fit.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Or all the baloney it saw fit to call news.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech