1. #1 Man Arrested Near Los Angeles With Two Active IEDs 
    https://pjmedia.com/homeland-securit...o-active-ieds/

Police near Los Angeles arrested a man following a traffic stop last week after they discovered two active IEDs in his vehicle.

Saleh Ali, 47, is being charged with transportation and possession of destructive devices according to a press release by the Orange County District Attorney's Office.
    Ali's last known address is Salinas, California.

Prosecutors say that the devices destroyed by the Orange County Sheriff's Department bomb squad were "containers covered in shrapnel" and would have exploded had they come in contact with an ignition source.
    KTLA also reports that Ali was previously arrested in June 2003 in New Jersey for aggravated assault with serious bodily injury and terrorist threats.
    A little California geography to give this arrest context. Salinas is a small-medum sized city surrounded by farmland. Brea is 300-400 miles south in northern Orange County, surrounded by the many cities in the LA area. Within reasonable drive time are places like Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm (also a major theme park), Dodger and Angels Stadiums, the Los Angeles Colliseum (shared for football by UCLA and USC; maybe used by the Rams?), the Rose Bowl, Staples Center (LA Lakers), and the Beach Cities (surfers, 5K and 10K races pretty much every weekend), and much much more. IOW, the dude had a plethora of targets crowded with potential victims.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

When I worked at Disneyland, I always considered it to be a soft target that could be easily exploited by a terror group. In the recent years they have upped security by instituting entry points with bag checks and random trips thru a metal detector following a gun incident outside the main gates, but someone bent on causing a huge terror incident could trigger a device in the lines to the the security check points which routinely have hundreds of people waiting in line. Disney cast members (employees) go thru a security gate but just their ID is checked to ensure that they are supposed to be allowed backstage. I could see a terror group placing a person in a job such as janitorial services to give them a way to get a device onto property and into the public area, such as hidden in a trash can. Disney security is called in when an unattended bag is found and dogs are brought in to see if any explosives are discovered, but it doesn't take too much imagination to see how a person working on the inside could cause much damage by sneaking in a device and hiding it somewhere in the park.

At Angel Stadium where I work during the baseball season, all entry points for the fans require a bag check and trip thru a metal detector for everyone who goes into the stadium. Stadium employees also go thru a bag check and metal detector before they are admitted into the employee entrance. The ironic thing is those of us on the pyro crew are waved thru without any checks as we wheel boxes marked "explosives" on them, but we have gone thru extensive vetting with Stadium security, the California State Fire Marshall and the ATF.
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    In the old days we just gave directions like, it's next door to Fort Ord

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    How DARE police bother that piece
    of muzzy scum??? They owe him an
    apology and he should get his terrorist
    bombs back!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post

A little California geography to give this arrest context. Salinas is a small-medum sized city surrounded by farmland. Brea is 300-400 miles south in northern Orange County, surrounded by the many cities in the LA area. Within reasonable drive time are places like Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm (also a major theme park), Dodger and Angels Stadiums, the Los Angeles Colliseum (shared for football by UCLA and USC; maybe used by the Rams?), the Rose Bowl, Staples Center (LA Lakers), and the Beach Cities (surfers, 5K and 10K races pretty much every weekend), and much much more. IOW, the dude had a plethora of targets crowded with potential victims.
    He traveled 400 miles south (that is across several states to you East Coasters) with IEDs. Nothing suspicious there. Jerry Brown will point out that Islamophobia is stronger in parts of Orange County than it is in the Bay area.

Just having visited Disneyland, they are metal screening 100% now. It is on the first floor of the parking structure, didn't seem to have that many people.

Knotts has metal detectors set up in the ticketing area and the employee gate on western.
    We are on the brink of an adventure children. Don't ruin it with to many questions.
    -Mary Poppins

I dream of the day a chicken can cross the road without it's motives being questioned.

It's also not that far of a drive to San Francisco and the bay area, which is also target-rich.

To me, Salinas will always be the setting for one of my favorite novels, East Of Eden by John Steinbeck.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    He traveled 400 miles south (that is across several states to you East Coasters) with IEDs. Nothing suspicious there. Jerry Brown will point out that Islamophobia is stronger in parts of Orange County than it is in the Bay area.
    If one drew an east-west line across the very middle of CA Salinas would be on or very near that line. Orange County is in the southern half, but still not at the southern extreme. Salinas is an hour's drive or so south of San Jose, so it's not really part of the Bay Area geographically, and where the Bay Area is tech, other light industry, and financial, Salinas is agriculture, especially vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
    Just having visited Disneyland, they are metal screening 100% now. It is on the first floor of the parking structure, didn't seem to have that many people.

Knotts has metal detectors set up in the ticketing area and the employee gate on western.
    A few years ago the main security checkpoint was in the entry from Downtown Disney into the Entry Plaza where guests could buy tickets or go to enter either park. Frankly it was a bottleneck where there were lots of people. Now the checkpoints are dispersed to the entries to Downtown Disney. Backpacks and purses are searched, and entrants go thru an airport security style metal detector arch. The entry points from Disney hotels into California Adventure also have similar checkpoints.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Power CUer
    If one drew an east-west line across the very middle of CA Salinas would be on or very near that line. Orange County is in the southern half, but still not at the southern extreme. Salinas is an hour's drive or so south of San Jose, so it's not really part of the Bay Area geographically, and where the Bay Area is tech, other light industry, and financial, Salinas is agriculture, especially vegetables.
    It's all north to me.

Evidence of serious potential threats inside the US, and we are supposed to be focused on the three ring circus the moonbats have turned a simple SCOTUS nomination into, among other distractions.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!