Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned
    If they can fake moon missions, why is it so implausible that they can fake Mars missions?

http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ead.php?t=9002

You people are not saying anything with any substance at all. Thinking people aren't swayed by empty rhetoric and invective. Do you realize that they'd laugh you all out of the debating hall for these responses?

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmored View Post
    If they can fake moon missions, why is it so implausible that they can fake Mars missions?

You people are not saying anything with any substance at all. Thinking people aren't swayed by empty rhetoric and invective. Do you realize that they'd laugh you all out of the debating hall for these responses?
    People who make stupid claims don't need to be debated, they deserve to be ridiculed only.

Okay, just for fun I watched the first few videos, and I have to say that whoever the guy is that put them together is not at all very bright. First of all, in the very first video, he spells "Phoenix" incorrectly in the title.

He also says the maximum altitude you can skydive is about 14,000 feet. That's a load of bunk. I've personally airdropped paratroopers at 22,000 feet on a HAHO (High Altitude High Opening) drop, meaning they opened their chutes as soon as they cleared the airplane. There have been other drops I'm aware of from higher altitudes as well.

The narrator puts a lot of stock in what newspapers and magazines say, when anyone with even the smallest amount of common sense knows that errors and exaggerations are routine.

He also points out quite correctly that the Martian mean temperature is much lower than the freezing point of water, but he is comparing the freezing point of water on earth and not on Mars. There's a section in the second or third video where the narrator challenges the report that crumbs of white material uncovered by the Phoenix lander were in fact ice and had vaporized. With Mars' much lower atmospheric pressure, water will rapidly move from solid to gaseous states (sublimation) much like CO2 (dry ice) does on Earth.

An explanation of the phenomenon

Suckers will fall for this particular conspiracy. Anyone with a lick of common sense,or an IQ above room temperature will not.
    Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.

--Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmored View Post

You failed to answer my questions in the other thread, so I will ask them again, and a few others.

1. If the moon landings were faked, why do it more than once? The point was proven the first time, so why fake a trip to the moon a total of 9 times?

2. What possible reason would NASA have for faking the Mars missions? I understand the rationale that you and others cling to to explain away 9/11 as a Bush plot, but what would be gained by faking the Mars missions?

3. If the Mars missions were faked, then why weren't all of them successful?

Of 38 launches from Earth in an attempt to reach the planet, only 19 succeeded, a success rate of 50%. Twelve of the missions included attempts to land on the surface, but only seven transmitted data after landing.

4. Since your videos talk about NASA faking their Mars missions, what about the USSR, EU and Great Britain? Were those missions all faked as well?
    Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.

--Albert Einstein

I've heard that the US faked the internet. Seriously!! If any of you out there are real people, then I can assure you that the rest of the posters are merely computer programs. Every post any real person makes goes straight to Karl Rove's VRWC spy agency. There really is no internet. There really aren't millions of home computers. Sheesh, when we faked the moon landings, computers were the size of small rooms, so who could ever believe they're now small enough to be in houses all over the world. You're all NUTS. Or FAKES!!!! :eek::eek:

:D
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    What possible reason would NASA have for faking the Mars missions? I understand the rationale that you and others cling to to explain away 9/11 as a Bush plot, but what would be gained by faking the Mars missions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Let's assume that the Moon landing(s) were faked, and that the Kennedy assassination and 9/11 were both 'inside jobs'. Doesn't the first kind of pale in comparison to the other two? I mean - if the Moon landing was a hoax, so what? Nobody died, and we didn't use it as an excuse to extend government powers or over-commit our military or kill a bunch of innocent people. Plus, we've been back since, so I'm not sure how this conspiracy falls into the ballpark of 9/11 or JFK. It would really just be one more lie a government has told its citizenry.
    Another QFE. Maybe a double-whammy will get Cosmored to answer?
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    Another QFE. Maybe a double-whammy will get Cosmored to answer?
    He strikes me as being a True Believer, so I doubt it.

--Albert Einstein

Compelling evidence, but not quite as convincing as this:

[youtube]lBuH8NNIBys[/youtube]

Or this

[youtube]rQw74N8W7W8[/youtube]

I love when people with no background in materials science or engineering try to explain what happened on 9/11 in such idiotic and simplistic ways. And to think other people actually watch videos like that and believe that rubbish.

--Albert Einstein