1. #1 Henry builds a new manufacturing model 

It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    My high school woodworking teacher built a horseless carriage made from wood. He black lacquered the wood and it looked better than a new automobile would have looked in 1964. There were no open seams as in this photo of another person and his build. There was no running gear or framing of the engine and drive train visible or hanging down, it was all enclosed on a contoured rear that was not just a square box as this photo is. My shop teacher used a 2 cycle engine from the era and it even had reverse. The engine was muffled so well you couldn't even hear it when it was going down the road. He would drive this little carriage to school everyday. It was really fine piece of wooden art and he did follow photos of the first horseless carriages to get an idea how it should look. He used bicycle wheels and tires with steel spokes, so the only thing that was different was the wheels and tires which they didn't have for the first versions. He also put a nice surrey top on it and it was just a beautiful little machine. It was 100 times more beautiful than this one pictured. I think his last name was Mr Milner but it was a long time ago and remembering his name is a bit hard. The school is no longer there where it once sit, they built another newer school and made it a special needs school which seems to be the thing now because even in Houston they have built a bunch of these so called special needs schools and I really believe it is an attempt to make them schools specifically for illegals, and that's what I believe. The school was once well known and has had several celebrities as past students and even one governor in our life time.

The Model T factory still stands in Highland Park, but it is an abandoned ruin.

The Rouge Plant in Dearborn, however, is still manufacturing Ford vehicles.

The Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn has an excellent collection of old cars (and Americana in general). It's worth a stop if you are ever up this way.