Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The problem is that the FBI did not waste two or three weeks chasing every individual who popped up claiming to “know something” so as to prevent the vote coming before midterms.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

eleny (42,921 posts)

2. The USPS required a blood test when I worked there during college

Just saying.
    And I bet you studied real hard to pass it
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

eleny (42,921 posts)

I find this dubious for two reasons:

1. A DUpipo claiming to have had a job;

2. The normal method for drug testing has been urine tests since at least the mid 90s that I know of from personal experience, and probably well before that.

But Kavanaugh probably went through multiple drug tests in the past 20 or 30 years, as well as (and/or part of) a half dozen FBI background investigations. Judge Kavanaugh has probably had some of the most extensive background checking of anyone in the US.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

That's another lie. DUpipo don't have jobs, just places they hang out and post on DU until someone tells them to leave and not come back.
    Liberals! The real fascists.

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    I find this dubious for two reasons:

1. A DUpipo claiming to have had a job;

2. The normal method for drug testing has been urine tests since at least the mid 90s that I know of from personal experience, and probably well before that.

But Kavanaugh probably went through multiple drug tests in the past 20 or 30 years, as well as (and/or part of) a half dozen FBI background investigations. Judge Kavanaugh has probably had some of the most extensive background checking of anyone in the US.
    Marginally funny story....

A couple of months back, I did what could best be described as a "day labor" job as a favor to a friend. The county fair was in town and they needed someone to "run" their old, automated, steam-powered calliope. Think of a player piano but it's a pipe organ that runs on steam, and about the size of a semi trailer, and you have an idea of what this thing was. It produced that rather typical music that one hears all around a carnival, and my job was just to make sure that kids (particularly teenagers) didn't climb onto the thing and damage it, because it had been built in Germany in something like 1879 and restored at great cost. Very easy work, other than the fact that it was hotter than the doorknob on the front door of Hell at the time that I was doing this (it was still in the 90s here in the past week). But Tim needed someone who was not a teenager to handle this for him, someone who understood how expensive and fragile this thing was, so he called me and asked me to burn a couple of weekends for him on this, so I agreed.

Anyway, to make a short story long, Tim told me that I would have to pass a basic background check and a drug test. Basic background check was essentially to run my name through a database to make sure that I'm not a sex offender, a reasonable protocol for someone working at a fair. Drug test is a state law for all fair workers, though the real intent is to make sure that someone doesn't drop acid and then try to run the roller coaster. So I went down there (the next county over) expecting to pee in a cup, and not expecting to have to stand in line for half an hour to get to the part where I got tested. When I got to the front of the line, my eyeballs were floating, and I was completely ready to pee in a cup, but the girl doing all of this stuff instead handed me what amounted to a gigantic Q-tip and told me to swab my mouth with it, getting as much saliva on it as I could. No pissing in a cup. I tried my best to wait patiently for her to get the results (which took about fifteen seconds once I gave the big Q-tip back to her), but I finally blurted out "I was expecting to pee in a cup, and I've got to go REALLY bad!" She pointed me to the only port-a-potties that had yet been set up, all the way on the other end of the fairgrounds, a good quarter mile away. I went sprinting....
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Hahahaha, these assholes never held a job in their lives, they just love making shit up.

ck4829 (21,335 posts)

That was some investigation... I've applied to minimum wage jobs that had stronger background checks

And I've never been accused of sexual assault by the way.
    meadowlark5 (2,569 posts)

1. I saw a headline that Collins and Flake both said the report was "very thorough"??

Did they fall on their heads in the last 14hrs? If you don't even bother to question the two people involved, how can it be thorough?
    eleny (42,921 posts)

Just saying.

MineralMan (111,672 posts)

3. Heck, I've had volunteer jobs with a more thorough background check.

MineralMan (111,672 posts)

3. Heck, I've had volunteer jobs with a more thorough background check.
    Totally off-topic, but MM is either minimizing the importance of a background check for certain types of volunteer "jobs", or he's being disingenuous:

* Scoutmaster is a volunteer "job", and a criminal background check is required for all adult leaders in Scouting. For obvious reasons.

* In our previous church Sunday School teachers and teacher's assistants were volunteer positions, and the church required (and paid for) a criminal background check (our present church may, too, I simply do not know). For obvious reasons.

As for Kavanaugh, including the most recent, focused, investigation, he's gone through seven such, including for a security clearance (when he worked in the GWB Administration). I doubt anyone on DU has done similar, and most not even slightly similar.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!