Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Chile, or a bowl of Texas Red 
    Ok, this is good chile. I've played with this for years and I found that the simplest way works the best. The ingredients are basically what you want in there. What I did was to use;
    (feeds 20) lol!
    5 onions diced
    3 heads of garlic, minced
    4 green peppers, dicedc
    1 cup store chile powder
    1 cup of assorted mexican chile powders
    1/2 cup paprika
    1/4 cup cumin
    3 jalopenos, diced
    2 habeneros, diced
    1 Tbsp cayene pepper
    1 Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
    3 Lbs boston butt cut up to bite size pieces
    2 sirloin steaks, cut up into bite size pieces
    1 LB ground pork
    2 Lbs ground beef
    1 Lg can crushed tomatos
    1 Lg can of diced tomatos
    2 bottles of beer
    1 tomato can of water
    1 cup masa flour mixed with 1 cup water

Here is almost everybody!

To start, in a large pot saute all the peppers with the onions for about 10 minutes. add the garlic and cook till you can sniff it.

Add The beer, tomatos and the rest of the stuff except the meat and the masa flour. Simmer on low.

Start browning the meat, season with S&P , as each batch is done add to the veggie pot and stir

After simmering for about 1 1/2 hours on low, add the flour/ water mixture, take off heat and stir, you are ready to eat.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

This is a must! Wash well after handling!!

And this is a no-no, beans bad!

Time to eat!

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Okay.

This is how you become a Legend.

As if you didn't already know that.

Great recipe. Not just good. Great....

I am, officially, in awe of you.....

Nice.....
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Oh my god, that looks awesome!!

You had me until the tomato part. Real chili doesn't need any stinkin' tomatoes (or beans, naturally). ;)

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    You had me until the tomato part. Real chili doesn't need any stinkin' tomatoes (or beans, naturally). ;)
    Real Chili is Texas style made with dried beef and peppers without beans . Chuck waggons didn't carry canned tomatoes or beans .Chili peppers and beef is all they used in the trail style grub .

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post

Might not need it, but it sure tasted good! Its all gone! :D

gator
    Yankee boi you failed again.

Too many ingredients.

You don't put goddam "Great Northern" beans in Chilli. If you are going to put in beans it should be pinto beans or Mexican Pink beans.

Too many peppers will ruin the taste and you sure as hell don't put in bell peppers. Eating chilli should not be punishment and making it hot is for the insecure in order to mask the tase of their hambuger stew.

Nobody puts paprika in Chilli. If you are compelled by ignorance to do so then use at least use smoked paprika.

Real chilli is made from cheap beef and does not include friggin hamburger. A little pork is OK.

You had nothing in it to mellow the taste of the acid in the tomatoes or the raw taste of the chiles.

This is the kind of pathetic chilli a New Yorker would make after watching a cowboy movie. He would then invite his friends over and they would tell him how good it was because they wouldn't know any better.

The first recorded chilli recipe was in Florida. The goddamn Texans make a claim to chilli but it was being eaten in Florida hundreds of years before there was even a Texas.

Because I am a peach of a guy if you admit that you failed I will give you the real recipie for chilli so you can do better next time.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post

Too many ingredients.

You don't put goddam "Great Northern" beans in Chilli. If you are going to put in beans it should be pinto beans or Mexican Pink beans.

Too many peppers will ruin the taste and you sure as hell don't put in bell peppers. Eating chilli should not be punishment and making it hot is for the insecure in order to mask the tase of their hambuger stew.

Nobody puts paprika in Chilli. If you are compelled by ignorance to do so then use at least use smoked paprika.

Real chilli is made from cheap beef and does not include friggin hamburger. A little pork is OK.

You had nothing in it to mellow the taste of the acid in the tomatoes or the raw taste of the chiles.

This is the kind of pathetic chilli a New Yorker would make after watching a cowboy movie. He would then invite his friends over and they would tell him how good it was because they wouldn't know any better.

The first recorded chilli recipe was in Florida. The goddamn Texans make a claim to chilli but it was being eaten in Florida hundreds of years before there was even a Texas.

Because I am a peach of a guy if you admit that you failed I will give you the real recipie for chilli so you can do better next time.
    They didn't have anything worth eating in Florida except fish and crabs before the Armadillos arrived .
    No beef or pork until the Spanish showed up and wrecked a few ships and the pigs swam ashore.And where in hell did you Floridians get a hold of any real peppers before the Spanish showed up .

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post

Too many ingredients.

Welcome back, old fart.:D
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad